Chapter Fifteen

I landed on the ground and was immediately surrounded in absolute chaos.

There were people fighting everywhere around me. Natasha was in hand-to-hand combat with three agents, Wanda was blasting people front, left and centre and Steve was bashing people with his shield.

An agent noticed me and came running to attack. Mistake number one. I used a sphere to punch through him like a bullet. He dropped like a stone, and I went to take down the next agent.

Eventually, they were all dead or unconscious. An alarm that I didn't notice before was blaring, filling the hallways with the sound.

Steve motioned to continue down the hall. We all walked down, wary of the shadows and every sound. We turned a corner and bullets flew through the air. I caught them and sent them back. The first three rows of soldiers fell, leaving two more rows. Before anyone could do anything, a person walked through the ranks to the front.

All of the air left my lungs.

"Y/n."

"List," I spat.

Steve glanced between me and Dr List. His expression hardened when he realised who this was. What he did to me.

"Welcome home," Dr List said warmly.

"This was never my home," I growled, and attacked.

I pulled my gun out of the holster and shot at him. An agent jumped in front of the bullet, saving List's life.

"I'll kill you," I said coldly.

List had the nerve to smirk at me. That made me lose my temper.

I held out a hand, and all of the agents' helmets folded inwards, crushing their skulls.

List looked scared now. I stalked towards him, but Steve grabbed my wrist.

"Y/n, stop," he said as List began running.

"Let go of me," I growled. "He's getting away!"

"You can't kill him!" Steve yelled.

"You don't tell me what to do. No one does anymore," I said, ripping his hand off my wrist.

I ran down the hall after List, hearing the Avengers follow me. They called out my name, trying to get me to stop, but I was on a mission. A mission to end List's life, and to make it as painful as the experiments I didn't sign up for.

I rounded a corner and bullets flew through the air. I sent them all hurtling back, knocking the first two rows of soldiers back.

"Uh, guys? You have a flood of soldiers coming," Sam said through the comms.

"Get the SHIELD agents in here," Natasha yelled back.

I ignored the orders, too intent on catching my prey. There was a line of soldiers that I took out in less than a minute. I ran down the halls, killing every agent I came across.

"Y/n! Stop!" Steve yelled at me.

I glanced back to see that he and Natasha were the only two following me. I pushed myself harder to outrun them. A door slammed shut ahead of me. I wrenched it open before the person could lock it and entered a massive room full of soldiers.

"Stop!"

I looked through the agents to see List with his hand out.

"Steel soldier, you will be reborn!"

I screamed and pushed a hand out, slamming the first row of soldiers into the second. They all collapsed and didn't rise.

I stalked across the room to the final row of soldiers. List tried to escape through the back door, but with a flick of my hand the door was locked and wouldn't open.

The final row began shooting machine guns at me. I stopped every bullet until there was a wall in front of me. I threw them back, killing the rest of the agents. List was the last person standing. Steve and Natasha burst into the room.

"Colour. Space. Metal. Knight. Armour. Captain. Assassin." List recited.

I snarled and grabbed him by the throat. I shoved him up against the wall.

"Voltage," he choked out.

"That doesn't work anymore," I growled, shoving him to the floor.

I pulled out my gun and pointed it at him.

"Y/n!" Steve called out to me. "You don't have to kill him!"

I turned to face Steve.

"Yes I do! You don't understand anything that happened to me! You don't understand the pain he has caused! He deserves this!" I screamed.

"Y/n, I know, I know, but killing him won't do anything. It won't make you feel better," he breathed, walking towards me slowly.

My grip on the gun loosened.

"Watch out!" Natasha yelled.

A shot went off and pain spread through my lower abdomen. I looked to List to see he had a gun. I directed the bullet out of my body and shot it through his chest.

His eyes went wide, and he looked at me, shocked.

"Your death should have been longer and more painful," I got out.

I placed a hand on my side and healed myself while I watched the light leave his eyes.

A pair of hands were placed on my shoulders and I struggled against them.

"Woah, woah, it's me," Steve murmured.

I relaxed into his touch and embraced him.

"Let's go," he murmured.

Steve led me away from the room and the body of the man who ruined my life.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed chapter 15! If you could comment and vote that would be amazing! (And thank you to those of you who have already voted!)

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson