Chapter Six

Your POV

I woke up to the sound of beeping. My mouth was dry, and my lips were chapped. I looked around the room I was in. It looked like a hospital room but... richer. I was lying in a hospital bed and I was hooked up to an IV. I looked to my right and saw Steve sitting on a chair with his head resting on his chest. I smiled softly.

"Steve?" I croaked.

Steve jolted in his seat and looked at me. His eyes scanned my body for any pain.

"Y/n," he said breathlessly.

I smiled again.

"Water," I managed to get out.

Steve immediately got into action, picking up a water jug and a glass from a table beside the bed. He poured me a glass and helped prop me upright on the pillows. He handed me the glass, and once I was finished, he refilled it.

"What happened? How long have I been out?" I asked as he handed me the glass.

"You've been out for 49 hours. You collapsed after you destroyed the army," Steve said. "We brought you here so that we could take care of you. I told everyone that you just wanted to disappear after this," he added after seeing my lips thin.

I nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry," he said, looking at the floor.

"What for?" I asked, confused.

"For bringing you here. You told me that you never wanted to come back here again."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"I said I never wanted to step foot in here again and, technically, I didn't."

I smiled as he let out a chuckle. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his. I got lost, looking into those beautiful, blue eyes. They were like the sky, a never-ending blue.

Suddenly the door opened, and I tore my gaze from Steve to face the person entering the room.

"Ah, Miss Magnet is awake," Tony said, walking towards me.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname.

"Is that the best you could come up with, tin head?" I asked.

Tony smirked.

"I like this one," he said walking towards Steve.

"Steve, you're needed in the conference room," he said. "Magnet too."

"She just woke up-" Steve protested but I had already yanked out the IV and stood up.

"You were saying?" Tony said, smirking.

"I heal fast," I said, winking at Steve.

The three of us walked the halls, Steve and Tony leading the way. They stayed close to me, though, and I noticed that I could feel the metal everywhere. I glanced down at my wrist and saw that the limiter wasn't there. I looked at Steve in question, but he was busy talking to Tony. We eventually reached a hallway with a tinted glass window on the right. Tony and Steve walked towards a door in the window and opened it, gesturing me forwards. I entered the room and everyone in the room turned to look at me. Steve went and sat down while Tony and I stood at the front of the room.

"Avengers," Tony said, "this is Y/n l/n."

"Um... hi," I said with a little wave.

Everyone glared at me a little bit, but Natasha Romanoff glared at me the hardest. I decided to extend and olive branch and cleared my throat.

"Sorry I tried to kill you," I said to Natasha, looking her in the eye.

Her gaze softened a bit as she nodded, acknowledging my apology. Everyone else remained silent.

"So..." I started, trying to ease the tension, but I was cut off by the massive flat screen TV turning on.

"-is being repaired as we speak, saved by Lady Silver, the world's new hero."

The female reporter's voice filled the speakers as I turned to watch, mesmerised. A girl that looked about 17 appeared on the screen, being interviewed.

"I honestly thought I was going to die until Lady Silver arrived. She just destroyed the army. It was amazing! I wish I could thank her."

I stopped listening. Someone wanted to thank me for what I'd done. In my Hydra years, no one thanked me, not that I'd done anything that had deserved thanking. But someone wanted to thank me. I felt... proud. Proud that I'd done something good. My eyes started watering, but I blinked back the tears.

"Y/n l/n," a deep voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see a man with an eye patch staring intently at me.

"Take a seat," he said, gesturing to a chair.

I slowly walked towards the other side of the room and sat down next to Steve.

"My name is Nick Fury, and I am the director of the organisation S.H.I.E.L.D. Ms l/n, I have a few questions for you."

I nodded, ready to answer.

"First question. Why should we not shoot you right this second?"

He pulled a pistol out of his pocket and pointed it at my face.

"Because you can't," I said calmly, masking my rising fear.

"Oh really?" he asked.

I jerked my head to the side, causing the gun to go flying away from him.

"Another reason; I'm not a threat. I don't want to hurt anyone," I added.

Fury's eyes widened.

"You don't seem like you're not a threat," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Look, Fury, before this metal army attacked New York, I wanted nothing to do with being a hero. I just wanted to live a normal life, the life that was stolen from me."

At my words Steve's gaze darkened.

"But now..." I continued, looking at Steve. "Now... I want to help. I can help prevent other people from experiencing what I did. I can help prevent little girls being taken in the night, and their families being killed."

I finished my speech not breaking eye contact with the director.

"What are you saying, Ms l/n?" he asked.

I let out a breath.

"I'm saying... I think I have what it takes to be an Avenger."

A/N

Eeek! How exciting! Here is chapter six, lovelies! I hope you enjoyed!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson