Chapter Five

Four months later

Steve POV

Screams of civilians filled the air as the robots ransacked the city. Steve and the others were trying to destroy the army of robots, but the hoard was endless.

Steve threw his shield at two robots and they fell to the ground. Wanda threw four robots away with her power, while Tony blasted a few.

The Avengers fought tirelessly, trying to save the city. The Hulk eventually had to join the fight, taking down eight robots at once. But even with the extra help, the Avengers were beginning to fail. They were eventually herded into Times Square. About 60 metres in front of the Avengers, stood a wave of metallic robots. The robots started slowly advancing.

"It was nice knowing you all," Tony said. "Really, I mean it."

"You were all fine friends," Thor said, knowing that this was the end of the line.

"We were a great family," Natasha said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"We go down fighting," Steve said, fighting back tears.

Everyone nodded their agreement and faced the oncoming army.

In the distance, the roar of a motorbike could be heard.

The Avengers turned their heads towards the noise. A sleek, black motorbike came into view, the rider wearing a black helmet and a long, black leather jacket. The motorbike came to a stop a few metres away from Steve. The rider stepped off the bike, pulling their helmet off. H/c coloured locks tumbled down the rider's back, and her e/c eyes shone with determination.

"Y/N..." Steve said, walking towards her.

She held out her wrist, the limiter on full display.

"Take it off," Y/n demanded, looking into Steve's eyes.

"Now hold on just a moment," Tony said, walking towards Y/n.

"Steve, I need you to trust me," Y/n said, not breaking eye contact with Steve.

Steve nodded and started punching in the code.

"What are you doing?" Tony shrieked.

"I'm the only one who can defeat them, Stark," Y/n said calmly.

The limiter fell off of Y/n wrist with a click. She started forwards when Steve grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her to him.

"Be careful," he said, his eyes searching her face.

"I will be," she said, putting a hand on his face.

She removed her hand from his face and walked towards the metal army. She held out a hand in front of her, face scrunched in concentration. She closed her fist and metal screeching rang out throughout the square. All of the robots twisted in on themselves, morphing until they were unable to move or function. They all fell to the floor with a clank.

Y/n swayed ahead of the Avengers. Steve rushed towards her as she collapsed, catching her.

"Y/n?" Steve said, holding onto the girl.

She only made a small sound before her eyes fluttered shut.

"Y/n? Y/n!" Steve tried to wake the unconscious girl, but nothing was working.

"We need to get her to the tower," Steve said, hoping she would forgive him for taking her there.

A/N

Hey lovelies! This chapter is pretty short but the next one is longer, I promise. Anyways, what did you guys/girls/people think? I hope you enjoyed :))

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3 Also, the meme really fits the story, huh?

~LadyLokiLaufeyson