SIX

WHERE ONE IS FOOD...

I'm not late. I gaze outside, it's getting colder. The Winter Cup is occurring right now. I wonder, which team is playing?

Class is about to start. Where are they? Oh yeah, the first round will begin after an hour. So that's why they're absent.

My phone's chiming, the one I bought yesterday. Momoi-chan?

From: Momoi-chan
         Are you free right now? Come to ***** *****

What could this possibly? And why do Momoi-chan have my number, and how? Oh well, anything can happen. She also sent me an image.

Toō Academy vs. Seirin High

Seirin and Tōō? I'm gonna fucking go watch it. Fuck class, I already know what we're gonna learn anyways.

🏀⛓

I arrived later than expected. It's probably the last quarter exactly right now.

I wonder, who's on the lead? There's no seat available, so I'll just be standing here.

97 to 98

What? Just a one-point lead? That's unexpected. Last thirty seconds left. Who'll win?

They're both in the zone, Mister Hot and a tan guy. I'm guessing that's Momoi-chan's friend.

A baguette, he's like a baguette. Baguette makes a formless shot. He can do that? Hmm, it looks like transferring to Seirin wasn't a mistake.

Hyuga, the one from yesterday who was staring, tries to go for a shot.

97 — 100

This is intense. I want to see the outcome, who's gonna win? Who?

Its gonna be blocked, don't shoot it! He passes the ball to Mister Hot, going one–on–one with baguette.

He can't shoot either. What will they do?

Mister Hot passes the ball to number seven. He's gonna shoot, wait! The other guy is gonna go foul! Number seven releases the ball, its up. Its gonna shoot!

A loud noise wailed, it scored. It scored. I let out a sigh of relief. I came here for Momoi-chan but I'm cheering for my school, seriously.

It went in and a free throw. Four points. If its shoots, they're gonna win. Just by looking at the players, you can see that they won't be up for overtime.

The referee whistled, and number seven took a stance for shooting. I noticed him wincing. Is he injured?

The ball went up, it missed, "Baguette...!" I whispered as Baguette slapped the ball away from Mister Hot.

The ball took off to near the half-court line. He's there! That's why he was running the other way.

He punches the ball to Mister Hot. He gripped it and went for a dunk. Baguette leapt, but Mister Hot was higher.

He dunked it as the buzzer echoed. A buzzer-beater.

101 - 100

"Woah..." they're amazing.

My opponents don't really get that kind of score when they're up with my team so I'm impressed. They won, I knew it.

The crowds applauded and cheered. Seirin is crying, even the bench warmers. They didn't get to play they're still happy. I wish I had that kind of team.

But unfortunately, I don't. Momoi-chan looks down before looking to baguette and up. Oh, she's staring directly at me.

Awkward.

She waves at me and gestured to come down, I raised an okay sign.

"(First Name)-chan!" that caught the attention of Seirin and other players.

Still breathing.