Chapter 3

"Hello to you too Ayeza I'm Harim your husband"
Those words were enough to make me sit straight and to say that i was embarrassed would be an understatement i talked to him so rudely though I didn't know it was him but still i shouldn't have done that.His chuckling broke my chain of thoughts.
"Don't worry i kinda deserve it" he said chuckling.
"I'm sorry i didn't know it was you" i replied embarrassed.
"I know it's alright and I'm sorry for leaving you on our wedding day and then not even checking on you it was very unacceptable on my part.I hope you forgive me.I left immediately for London because of an emergency.As you must know i own a private investigation firm. On our wedding day,i received a call from government official that some of the employes of my company are caught doing some illegal activities and they think that my company is involved with them. It's an accusation against my firm and i had to deal with it immediately. This company is very important for me i spend many years building it from scratch and now I'm caught up in a mess. There are some cases i have to deal with them too so i can't come back to home because media will chase me I've got to change my location and I can't reach you. That's why i want you to live in my house in London you will be safe and free from any danger and harm.You must have met my most trusted maid Amma bi she's with me when i was only a child you can tell her whatever you need and you can go out with the driver and explore the city I can't tell when will i be back. I hope you don't tell it to our family because I don't want them worried they won't ask about me if they do don't answer them they'll know. If u want to do a job as you're a lawyer and you must want to pursue your carrier you should. I'll be happy if you continue on your goals without any thoughts about the future. I'm sending you an address of a good friend Arif you just need to go and show my card to reception they'll let you in. Then go to his office and talk to him and he will help you. You will find my card in the side drawer of our room.Don't call me on this number I'll contact you myself after some days. Good bye till we talk again. I hope you will be alright."
With that the call was cut I didn't even had a chance to reply. Now i knew what his family meant by emergency but still it was bad and what did he meant by my and his family won't ask anything. I could feel that something was wrong and it is true the way he said that mean my family must know something that I don't. Now, it was all a mystery to me which was making me even more confused but still at the same time i was relaxed somewhat that atleast he called me.
The only two good things i could conclude from his conversation were that he did not leave me on our wedding day because he didn't want me and second i can pursue my career in London here and his friend would help me find a job. Though i didn't want anyone's help for finding a job but I don't know anyone here so it'll be a tough task for me to find a job without any direction. So i thought why not grasp the opportunity though there are many questions which are needed to be answered because i could feel that there's more to his story which he isn't telling me but i was still feeling a little bit relaxed now. With these thoughts i drifted off to a peaceful sleep after ten days.
When i woke up it was fajar time i prayed and then rest for a bit. When i went to the kitchen Amma bi had already prepared my breakfast. She's a good kind lady and she reminds me of my mother.
After breakfast i decided to go on to that adress Harim has given me. True to his words i found his card and in the side drawer. I went to that adress with his driver.
It was a huge building i went to the reception and showed them his card they guided me to the Mr. Arif office. He was a middle aged man with an intimidating aura. He stood up on his seat and greeted me as Harim had already spoken to him and he was his good friend.
"So mrs.Harim you can come tomorrow and start your work. I own a law firm and i find you suitable for the job as you're husband described you were quite famous in Pkaistan it'll be a good experience to work with you. So what do you say about my offer?"
It was a good opportunity and the reputation of his company was good i have read about it in an article. So i said yes to the offer because who knows if i could find a good opportunity like that again.
I started working in his firm and fifteen days passed in a blur i worked on a little case about property dealings and successfully won it. I know it wasn't that good as I didn't get a good case but it was a start and it was enough good for me to keep my hopes up.
............................................