Chapter 8

I was sleeping when my phone rang. I groaned and attended the call. It was Ali.
"Hey Ali! So did you find the man?" I asked him immediately.
"Yeah I did that's why i called you and there's a shocking thing that i found out." Ali told me
"Really! What's that?" I asked him getting out of the bed
" I think i found out the reason why Aina could be murdered but I can't tell you on the phone call. Meet me at 11 at the adress I'm sending you" saying that he hung up the phone.
I sighed and got ready. I drove to the address Ali had sent me. It was his company builduing.Ali came and greeted me. He had a bandage on the nose and I wondered how he got it. He took me to his office. Everything about his office was very elegant. Files were neatly arranged on the table. There was his picture on the side table. The white walls contrasted well with the black furniture. I sat down on the chair and drank water.
"Tell me what did you find out and how?" I asked him keeping the glass on the table.
"Well! The guy he didn't murdered Aina he was just there to keep an eye on Aina." Ali started
"And how did you know that?" I asked him getting more confused.
"He told me himself" he said shortly
"Why would he tell you this and why do you believe he isn't lying?" I said frowning because i was sure i was not going to like his answer.
He sighed and said "Why are you more interested in the way i found out the truth instead of focussing on what i found?"
"Because I'm a lawyer and I do everything legally" i said back
" Well i- m" he stuttered
"You tortured him? Didn't you?" I said studying his face and by his expression it was truth that he really did tortured him.
"Um yeah you can say that" he whispered looking down on the table
"That's it I'm outta here. I'm leaving the case. I can't work with a man who torture people and do things illegally" i said sharply and got up.
"I have a license to investigate" he yelled and also got up on his seat
"Yes you are right. You have a license to investigate not to torture people" i yelled back.
"Look! I can't stay quiet while Rehman is in jail I've got to do something and it was the only way of finding out the truth" he said rubbing his forehead.
Before i could say something the room door was knocked and a girl of about 20 years old walked in. She glared at Ali and then greeted me politely. I greeted her back.
"I'm Kashaf" she introduced herself smiling at me.
I smiled back at her and introduced myself "Hello kashaf! I'm Ayeza"
"I know who you are. You're my brother's lawyer" she said to me
"Your brother? I'm sorry i think you're mistaking me for someone else" i said getting confused.
"No. I'm right. I'm Rehman Bhai's little sister." She said smiling sadly
"What?? He has a sister? It's not possible?" I was shocked to the core. It couldn't be possible. She wasn't mentioned in any of his papers. It said he doesn't have any siblings or relatives and he was an orphan. He grew up in shelter home. So it wasn't possible.
"Well I'm his sister but not in papers. We don't share blood but we grew up together in shelter house. He saved me many times. He used to take care of me like his little sister.So when he become 18 he took my responsibility. I  moved in his apartment. He's like a big brother to me that i never had and I'm his little sister" She said while i was looking at her bewilderly
"So where were you this whole time he's in jail. You didn't even come to his hearing" i asked her sitting down on the chair.
She glared at Ali and said "Ali hid it from me. I live in other city for my studies. Rehman bhai wasn't calling me for a whole month. Ali said he's alright but a little busy. And he's not calling me because he wants me to only focus on studies and i believed him. But i was getting suspicious. So after my papers ended i came back on first flight and discovered what's happening"
"I'm sorry for your brother i promise I'll save him" i said consoling her because that was the only thing i could do at the time.
She was having tears in her eyes and she started sobbing. I was feeling very bad for Rehman and her. They both didn't deserve it. I gave her a glass of water and she finally calmed down.
"When Bhai will be back I'm gonna tell him to kill you first" she said glaring back at Ali.
"Don't be too harsh on me now girl you almost broke my nose because of him" Ali replied back rubbing his nose
"You what?" I asked shocked
"I punched him on nose when i found out" she said shrugging
"Enough of it. Ayeza we really need to talk" Ali said looking me in the eyes
"Do we really?" I rolled my eyes
"I know what i did was wrong but without it he would've never revealed the truth. Please listen to me and what I've got to tell you." Ali said pleading me
I looked at kashaf who was looking at me with hopeful eyes and sighed
"Fine. Tell me what else do you got to know" i said looking at Ali
"Aina was working for Feroz and the guy Abdullah he was there to keep an eye on her" Ali told me
"Huh? What do you mean working for him? She wasn't doing a job anywhere" i asked him
"Not a job Ayeza. She was his way of keeping all drugs of the shipment in check and help others in trading them without catching anyone's eye because no one will doubt a university girl" Ali said leaning on the table.
"Oh my God" i replied in shock.
"I don't know why she was murdered exactly but there could be a link that why Feroz wanted to get rid of her"
He said seriously.
"But we don't have any proofs Ali. Even if i believe whatever you said is true I can't prove anything in court without it. We can't even explain that Feroz is somehow involved in it". I said thinking for a while when suddenly i remembered something.
"Rehman said Aina was saying something about Mir when she was alive" i told Ali
"Ok . So what about it?" Ali asked back
"I did a background check on this Mir and i found out that Aina had a boyfriend when she was in school and his name was Mir. I even found some address of him from Aina's old school records. I guess we should really check out this Mir guy. Maybe we could find something that could prove Aina's connection to Feroz and drugs shipments" i explained everything to Ali.
"It could be something there certainly otherwise why would Aina say something like it when she was dying"  Ali said thinking for a while
"Yes. That's why i think we should check it out" i said to him
"Sure. Let's go there right away. You have the adress right?" Ali said standing up.
"Yeah i do" saying that i also stood up.
I hugged Kashaf while Ali patted her head and we headed out. Let's see what we're going to find out there. I thought in my mind while Ali drove the car towards the adress i gave him.
.........................