Chapter 5

I was getting ready in my room. It was the day for me to meet Rehman in the prison. I quickly had my breakfast after getting ready and got in the car. My driver stopped the car in front of the police station. I got out of the car and there i saw Ali waiting for me. He was wearing grey shirt with blue jeans and a leather jacket. He was looking so good in them. I shook my head on my thoughts and greeted him.
"Hello Mr.Ali! So should we go inside now?" I said clearing my throat.
"Sure" came his short reply. Together we enterd the police station after finally fulfilling all the requirements i was guided to meet Rehman. Ali sat down on the plastic chair kept outside in the station as only lawyers were allowed inside.
I passed through the corridor and enterd into a grey white room. There a man of age about 20-22 was sitting handcuffed to the table. He was definitely Rehman. I sat down on the chair placed opposite to him. He was lost in his own thoughts so i cleared my throat to get his attention.
"Hello Rehman!" I said breaking the pin drop silence.
"Hello" he replied back shortly and finally looked at me. He had grey eyes. His hair were smooth and black. His eyes showed he isn't sleeping these days. His face also showed tiredness. He was also very handsome but less handsome than Ali.
"So you have any idea who i am?" I asked him when he kept looking at me.
"Yes. I have the slightest idea." He replied in his thick voice.
"And what's the idea?" I asked back.
"Ali must have put you up to this. He's very worried about me. So i guess you must be my lawyer" he said thinking for a while.
"Well you're right. Your friend did send me. And hopefully,i would be your lawyer but first you need to answer my some questions. You need to be completely honest about it. You won't lie about anything nor you will hide anything from me. You get that?" I asked him seriously.
"Yes madam" he replied in same tone.
"Ok. I'm setting the camera on for your statement and one more thing you can call me Ayeza" with that i stood up fix the camera and again sat down opposite to him.
"Ok Ayeza. You can begin." Rehman replied.
"Tell me first did you know aina personally?" I started the investigation.
"Yeah, i knew her for a long time. She was my class fellow in the university. We were competitors in studies." He replied gravely.
"Ok. So what happened that day she was murdered? And how did you reached her apartment? And why did you said that in your statement that you don't remember anything?" I asked him continuing the investigation.
"It was the Saturday night. We got free from our finals. So i and my friends decided to party whole night. It was almost 1am when i got out of my friend's house. Suddenly, i felt dizzy and i fell down on the road. The next thing i remember is I was lying beside Aina. She was surrounded by the pool of blood with a knife in her heart. I got panicked i didn't knew how did i reached there and who stabbed her. So i tried to remove the knife from her chest in order to save her. She was alive and breathing at that time. She said something about 'Mir' i don't know what did she meant by that. After one minute, she stopped breathing. I was so much panicked that i didn't know what to do. At the same time two people entered the apartment and they accused me of murdering her. I said i don't remember a thing but they didn't listen. They called police and the police arrested me. Next thing i know is I'm sitting in front of you. I didn't murder her. She was my competitor i agree but that isn't the reason I'll murder someone. Please save me I don't want to die" Rehman said finishing his statement.
"Look Rehman! Your case is very complex. I won't lie to you but i promise i won't let anything bad happen to you if you didn't murdered her." I replied seriously.
"I didn't murder her please believe me." Rehman said pleading me.
" I believe you" i said after a while.
Whatever i said was true though i did believe him. His eyes were sincere he really didn't murder the girl or he won't be that much panicked or worried when he was telling me about it and whatever he told me was the exact statement he gave to the police. That was enough for me to believe him.
"Did you had a drink that night at the party? Because a high dosage of alcohol was found in your blood?" I asked him after some minutes.
" No. I don't drink because it's forbidden. I don't use any alcohol beverages. Someone might have spiked my drink." He replied back
"Yeah that's also possible. So, do you have any enemies? Or do you have any idea who could've spiked your drink?" I asked back.
"No, I don't have enemies I'm just a student who would want to harm me. And i have no idea who spiked my drink my friends are all good people. They wouldn't do that to me" he said gravely
"Ok.Do you have anything else to say or is that all?" I questioned.
"That's all" he replied back gravely.
"Ok"with that I got up and shut off the camera.
"I'll try my best to save you but do believe in Allah he's the soul creator." I said and left the room.
I've got whatever i wanted to know from Rehman. He didn't murder anyone. Someone had trapped him. But the question was 'who' as he said he's just a student who will try to harm him. I was walking in the corridor thinking about all the possible scenarios.
Ali got up from his chair when he saw me. He came closer to me and asked.
" Do you now believe me that he didn't murder anyone?"
"Yes." That was all i could utter because i was still thinking about whatever Rehman told me.
"So will you take the case now?" Ali asked me desperately.
"Yeah i believe that your brother is innocent and he didn't kill anyone so I'll try my best to save him. I'll take the case." I finished.
"Thanks a lot. I'll forever be thankful to you if u save my brother." He said seriously.
I nodded my head. I really wish i could save him. I really wanted to help that boy. Only time could tell whatever happens next.
...................................