Chapter 02 | Just Why?

-9 : 23 PM, Y/n's P.O.V.

     I came across a horrible scene. It was of two children, they were twins. They had huge, deep gashes on their torsos. Their tongues, eyes, and ears were missing. I looked at where the gashes were and I expected to see their insides but all I saw was............candy? What the hell? Who or what would do such cruel things to a child, let alone two? Just why?

I quickly covered my nose as the horrid stench that radiated from the mutilated twins bodies was awful. The scent of fresh blood and natural body odor flooded my nostrils, making me nauseous in the process. I rushed to snatch my phone out from my hoodies front pocket, I called the police and told them what I was seeing and my current location.

Stinging tears filled my eyes to the brim, making it impossible to see clearly. I let my tears fall freely, I have always adored and loved children, even when I was a child myself. So, to see this, really broke my heart into pieces.

     -Time Skip, 5 minutes, 9 : 28 PM, still Y/n's P.O.V.

My vision was becoming better by each passing second. I then see 3 cop cars and 1 ambulance truck pull up, officers stepping out of every car. Two officers came up to me. While, the others went to the dead bodies. Apparently, the twins were only 8 years old and were identified as Lexi Carter and Rexi Carter, they were my neighbors kids. No wonder they seemed familiar at first.

Their bodies were taken inside the ambulance and were being transferred to a place, I'm guessing to do autopsy's on them or something. The two cops that came to me started to speak.

"Miss, where do you live? We will go there and ask you a few questions, alright? What is your name?" The male officer asked, I almost immediately answered.

"I live right down this street, actually. My name is Y/n. What's your names?" I questioned.

"Well, I am Robby and this here is my lovely partner, Jada." He said while pointing at the gorgeous woman named, Jada.

"Well, shall we head to my house now?" I glanced down the street, in the direction of my house.

      -9 : 43 PM, Narrator's P.O.V.

Robby and Jada smiled at Y/n before they nodded their heads. The trio got in the cop car, driving to Y/n's home. Pulling into the driveway and parking the car, they all got out and Robby locked the car, making a loud 'beep' sound. Y/n unlocked her front door and pushed it wide open, allowing Jada and Robby to go inside before she did. The two officers smiled at this small but nice action, they asked Y/n to lead them to her living room, which she did.

      -9 : 50 PM, Y/n's P.O.V.

"Make yourselves comfy and at home." I said while sitting down on my chair.

"Surely, will do. You have a beautiful place here, Y/n." Jada complimented, I smiled warmly at her.

"Thank you, Jada. Do either of you want anything to eat or drink? I have hot chocolate, donuts, cake, cookies, ice cream, pizza, chips, soda, juice, water, tea and more. I'm going to make myself some hot chocolate with donuts."

"We will have the same, if you don't mind, Y/n." They said in unison, I smiled and nodded.

"3 orders of hot chocolate and donuts coming right up!" I walked to the kitchen and began to make the hot chocolate and I put some donuts on 3 plates and I poured the hot chocolate into 3 different mugs. I gave Robby his hot chocolate and donuts first, then I gave Jada hers and then I grabbed mine.

"Thank you, Y/n. We appreciate it a lot." Jada said, smiling at me.

"It's no problem! It got my mind off of the terrible event that happened a little bit ago."

"Oh, that reminds me! Shall we get started with the questions? Or we can wait until we are done eating and then start." I said, allowing them to choose their desired choice.

"We can start now, if that is alright with you, Y/n?" Robby asked, enjoying his donuts and hot chocolate, Jada doing the same as well.

"Alrighty! Well, let's start then." I clapped my hands, wanting to get this over with and head to bed.

{ To Be Continued...}
______________________________________________________________________________________________

| Word Count - 736 |

Take care and I love you! 🥰🖤