If She can't trust him then she don't deserve him

It's my engagement next week and I don't know how my colleagues are gonna react on this. They already think I am the misfit in here and that pictures scandal with my Boss doesn't help my case either.. I don't care about others but Janvi and Dhruv are my only good friends and they have the right to know. Also Mr. Kapoor has already given me the permission to call my friends in the engagement. I never really had many friends just one who has always been there for me in Bangalore. But he is in London right now.

Apart from him, I guess only Janvi and Dhruv deserves the invite of my engagement and for that I really have to tell them. I don't want anyone to blame me for Manik and Alya's breakup and honestly that is not even my fault. Everything that happened was just misinterpreted and moreover it was Manik's fault and I am no one to be blamed for. I was doing my work quietly when Manik called me.

Nandani - Yes Mr. Kapoor

Manik was engrossed in his work without looking at me he just forwarded me a file and I took a look at it. It was a contract file we are suppose to sign next week. "Ms. Sharma this meeting has been preponed, we are meeting them tomorrow early in the morning. So don't come here, I will directly pick you up from your home just be ready by 9." Damn I wasn't even prepared and now I have to work extra hours for this.

I turned around to leave with the file, "Nandani.." I turned again to look at him questioningly. There is rare moments when he call me by my name and I seriously hate to admit this but I haven't like my name this much before. "Sit down at the couch, I will be there in a second.." I looked at him curiously but didn't contradict so sat down waiting for him and after few minutes he came and sat beside me with not so much of a distance.

Hell!! I need space.. His cologne was messing with my nostrils. I wonder which brand he use, It smells really good. He showed me his laptop and there were few cover designs with our names. Wait what? "We are sending the online invites for the engagement so Dad wants us to finalize one cover. So which one?" He said casually leaning towards my side eyes fixed on his laptop screen. And this time I tried to study his features. He looked so calm and compose. Why though, does any of this doesn't bother to him like it did to me.

Is he already over Alya? Or he just pretends. Hey Krishna Ji!! Why is this guy so hard to read. "Are you even checking them out?" His voice snapped me back to reality, I huffed a breath why does he want me to choose. "Why bother to ask me, choose yourself. It's not like my choice even matters.." I said annoyingly and he sighed, closing his eyes for a moment.

"Why do you have to make this so difficult, I just asked your opinion so just give it.." And that angered me more. How easily he is turning all this on me. While he knows all of this is his damn fault. "Why are you asking my opinion now, when you didn't cared to take it before coming with a marriage proposal.." I snapped and I could see his brows twitching. Fear engulfed me, as Angry Manik is not a sight to watch really. "You know what I think the second one works fine. I will send this to Mukti.." And with that he went back to his desk leaving me more than annoyed.

I stood up and send my best death glare at his way but he didn't dare looking up. And after waiting for few more seconds, I stomped my foot and left but not before hearing that small chuckle coming from him. Monster, yes that names perfectly fits him cause that's what he is.

I was working on that project when my eyes glance at the clock. In 15 minutes we will have our lunch time. I decided to have lunch with Janvi and Dhruv. So I can explain them both about my sudden engagement with our Boss. I was so pissed off at Manik, that I don't even care if having lunch with Dhruv will wake up the monster inside him. Well why does he even care. "Well before he couldn't but now he surely can you are his fiancé.." My subconscious screamed and I bit my tongue realizing last time I told him off saying he wasn't my husband or boyfriend but see how the tables have turned in just a few days.

I came out and saw Dhruv and Janvi chitchatting with each other. "Wow look who decided to grace us with their presence.." Janvi said sarcastically and I just rolled my eyes. Navya and her should definitely hang out. They will really hit it off. "Finally you got the time to have lunch with this friend of yours. I was just about to assume that you have broken our friendship.." Dhruv complained cutely and I chuckled at him.

"Well you should be happy that she didn't break it off..." Nopz that wasn't me or Janvi, it was Manik Standing just behind. Close very close. How can he appear anywhere anytime he wants. I agree it's his office but he can just not shock people by his sudden arrival. "Hello Sir, going for lunch?.." Janvi broke the stare down match that was going on between Manik and Dhruv and I silently thank her for that. "Yeah was thinking to. You gyz headed off for same?.." Both of them nodded.

"Cool. You both wouldn't mind if I tag along will you?" He said looking at both of them back and forth and I could see Janvi's eyes growing wide while Dhruv had his poker face on. "Of course not Sir.." And with that three of them made their way towards lift with me trailing behind.. We came to our usual place and went to our usual table and surprisingly Manik pulled a chair for me. Making both of my friends eyes almost popped out. I gulped nervously and sat down without making eye contact with any of them.

I was sitting between Manik and Janvi while Dhruv was beside Manik and I understood why he was being a gentleman. He just wanted to keep Dhruv away from me. I still don't understand what is his problem with Dhruv. "Just Jealous.." Again my subconscious screamed and I groaned at that. Not true at all... Just as we received our food, we dig in. Three of them making small conversations about work while I kept quiet.

"Oh!! before I forget, I want to invite you gyz at my Lonavala farm house this Saturday evening.." And I choked. Yes I choked on my food. What the hell is he doing. I was going to break the news properly not like this.. "Shit... here drink this.. Easy there Nandani.. No one's snatching your plate.." Manik panicked looking at me and immediately forwarded me a glass of water. He rubbed my back lightly making that area burn with his warm touch.. "You are okay?.." I nodded my head and heaved a sigh of relief. I look over my friends and their jaws were hanging. I coughed to gain their attention and they immediately composed..

"Yeah so is there any occasion?" Dhruv asked Manik and he looked at me as if asking my permission to reveal further. Like he cared first time. How much he loves to pretends hunn!! I gulped nervously, "Uh Yeah actually it's our engagement party and since you gyz are my only friends you both are invited.." Janvi spit out his water all over her food while Dhruv looked like he has seen a ghost whereas Manik had a amused expression on his face. I turn to glare at him but the monster just smirked.

It took them few minutes to wrap the news around their head but once they did they smiled at us nervously. "Well Many congratulations to both of you. I will be there.." Janvi smiled fully while Dhruv too congratulated us and I gave them both a small smile. "Don't break the news to anyone else in the company, I will announce it after the engagement. I hope I can trust you both.." And they nodded. Manik paid for our food even after telling him not to hundred times. We all made our way back to office but before we could enter the building. "You go ahead, I will be there in few minutes. I need to talk to them.." I know he wanted to argue but my one hard stare and he backed off reluctantly.

"What the actual hell on earth. You are marrying him. He dumped Alya his two year old Fiancé and now he is marrying you and you agreed how can you Nandani.." I was taken aback by his furious voice. I never thought Dhruv would be the one to judge me. "Shutup Dhruv, you should be happy for her. Manik is a nice man, I am sure he will keep her happy.." Janvi gave me a reassuring smile and I gave her a small one in return.

"You are not understanding Janvi, she is our friend that's why I don't want her to marry a wrong guy and why would you take such decision. as far as I know you never liked him." That's not true entirely. But That's not for everyone to know so leave those thoughts aside Nandani... "Our families thought it is the best decision to cope up from the recent scandal that involves both of us. Also Manik didn't call off his engagement Alya did and if she can't trust him, then she doesn't deserve him.." And with a final glance thrown their way. I went inside.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please vote and comment ❤️❤️ happy reading ❤️❤️