Chapter 61- Life And Death

After several minutes alone, Sabrina levitated Severus's body, and made her way back to the castle.
Since she could hear people in the Great Hall, she avoided going near it, to make sure that no one saw her.
She made her way down to the dungeons, where her and Severus had spent most of their time at Hogwarts.
Although she wanted to go inside the Slytherin common room, to lay her brothers body. Since she didn't know the current password, she knew that the door wouldn't let her in.

Instead of the common room, Sabrina took Severus's body into the Potions classroom, where he had taught for many years.
Although he claimed to have always favoured the dark arts, Sabrina knew that he had been very happy teaching Potions.
Which is why she chose to lay him on the teacher's desk at the front of the classroom.
She then transformed a nearby desk into a large white cloth, and placed it over her brother's body.
Sabrina then took a seat beside his body, and began to cry.

Sabrina stayed in that state until she heard Voldemort's voice echo through the castle.
"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself, while you laid down your lives for him. We bring you his body, as proof that your hero is gone. The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My death eaters outnumber you, and the boy who lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live, and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together".

Sabrina stood up straight and gripped hold of her wand tightly.
She knew that under Voldemort's evil regime, there would never be peace.
Dumbledore's Army, and the Orded of the Phoenix, would never stop fighting him. And neither would Sabrina.
Voldemort had taken everything from her, and she wasn't going to hide any longer, she was going to fight for what was right, even if it killed her.

Since Voldemort had ordered everyone to meet him outside the school, Sabrina decided that this was the place to go.
She left her mask in her pocket, and decided to face her fears head on.
No one paid her any attention as they all gathered in the entrance hall, to see the truth for themselves.
Hagrid stood in the centre of the death eaters, with Harry in his arms, and Voldemort to his left.
As people realised that Harry really was dead, they began to scream and cry.

"Silence! It is over. Hagrid, place him down at my feet where he belongs" instructed Voldemort.
Hagrid had no choice but to obey, so he placed Harry's body carefully onto the ground in front of Voldemort.
"You see. Harry Potter is dead. Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him. He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle. Killed while trying to save himself" continued Voldemort.
Sabrina knew that Voldemort was lying, for Harry wasn't the type to run away from danger. He was noble and brave, and would never allow others to get hurt in his behalf.
The boy had sacrificed himself, so that they would have a chance to live.

A lone figure suddenly stepped out of the crowd and approached Voldemort bravely.
"And who is this?" Questioned Voldemort, as he disarmed the boy.
"It is Neville Longbottom, my lord. The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble. The son of the aurors" answered Bellatrix.
"Ah yes, I remember. But you are a pure-blood aren't you boy?" Asked Voldemort.
"So what if I am" shouted Neville.
"You show spirit, and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable death eater. We need your kind Neville Longbottom"
"I'll join you when hell freezes over!"
"Very well. On your head be it".

Voldemort raised his wand, and a moment later the sorting hat came flying towards them, before landing on Neville's head.
"There will be no more sorting at Hogwarts. The emblem, colours and shield of my noble ancestor Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone, won't they Neville Longbottom? Neville here will demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me" announced Voldemort.
He flicked his wand, causing the hat to burst into flames.
Neville screamed as his head burned, but he was unable to move, as Voldemort's spell rooted him to the spot.