Chapter 25

Emma 

"We are going to miss you," Ali hugged me, while sadness covered his beautiful face. 

All my siblings looked devastated at my departure. They were worried about my uncertain future as Dawood's wife. Even my insides were twisting thinking about my life with Dawood. 

"You are a big boy now, and why don't you visit us in Boston. I am sure you will love it," I patted his cheek, pulling from the hug. 

Fahad waited impatiently beside Ali, tapping his shoes on the floor. We were all gathered on the porch of the palace. Dawood's cousins bid farewell to the members of my family they had befriended. While Dawood watched me bid adieu to my parents and siblings from a distance. I felt his gaze fixed on me, and it was making me uncomfortable. His gaze was affecting me which I didn't want, though I loathed him to my core still it didn't take any time for him to make me putty in his hands. I couldn't understand why I felt such raw attraction only for Dawood, why it was only Dawood who could set my body on fire just by looking at me in a certain way. 

"Move aside you moron, let me say goodbye to her," Fahad pushed Ali aside when he got tired of waiting. 

"Fahad," Abi's stern voice stopped Fahad from doing anything further. 

Ali stepped aside and let Fahad meet me, he was the youngest amongst us and the most boisterous. My siblings left no stone unturned to spoil him rotten to the core with our love. Mom never approved of our antics but Fahad looked too cute with those big blue eyes and blonde hair when he was a baby that we all couldn't help but keep pampering him. 

"Visit us soon," he said in a sad voice. 

"Will you both just stop, we will be going for her reception tomorrow. It isn't like she is shifting to Mars," Alia laughed at them both. 

Fahad poked his tongue at her and stepped aside. Alia hugged me tightly, squeezing the air out of my lungs. 

"Don't let your asshole husband dictate you," she whispered in my ear. 

I barely controlled my laughter. Alia was one of a kind, and I was surely going to miss my girl's night with her and Reem. After saying goodbye to Alia I went to Abi and mom, who were busy in conversation with Dawood's parents and grandparents. 

Mom hugged me while Abi just patted my head. He didn't say anything but his eyes held a warning that he expected me not to disappoint him further. I never thought I would become a disgrace to my family. Everyone in the family knew the wedding was a cover-up for what happened. 

Mohammed hugged me and then gave me an assuring smile, "You are not alone, Em. Never think that we have abandoned you," he cupped my cheek and then placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"I wish you a blissful life ahead and I am sure you will change the tides," he stated in a determined tone. 

I nodded at him, gulping down the lump in my throat. I knew my brothers would do everything for me. They would have opposed Abi's decision of marrying me to Dawood if I shared my doubts regarding Dawood with them. They would even leave no effort to end my marriage to Dawood but I didn't want to cause more pain to Abi than I already had. 

"I will miss you Haami," I said teary-eyed. 

"Stay in touch," he patted my cheek, and then we both looked at Ahmed who was standing leaning against the pillar of the porch. I noticed him glaring at someone and it didn't take a genius to understand that it was Dawood who he was glaring at. I made my way to him as he didn't look in the mood to leave his spot. 

"He would be buried six feet under if he was not your husband," Ahmed growled.

"I thought you were past it," I teased him to lighten the mood.