Chapter 34

Emma

I entered the kitchen in Dawood's penthouse to try and find something I could eat or maybe ask the housekeeper to make some breakfast so I could leave for law school. I already missed more than a month's classes because of the wedding, and I didn't want to miss any more classes; otherwise, I would have to take a break from this semester.

We arrived in Boston last night, and Dawood picked up food on the way home. Everything felt different, this was not the first time that I had come to Boston, but it was the first time I was feeling like a stranger. Just like I did when I visited Boston for the first time. Dawood didn't speak to me during our flight or after arriving here.

I chose a guest room to sleep in last night, avoiding stepping into Dawood's bedroom. Turkey was different because he didn't stay there, but here it was his personal space with his belongings, and I was not sure if he wanted me. The twenty thousand feet space of his penthouse was sheer elegance and modern luxury a mind could imagine. I explored the first-floor last night when I could not sleep due to jet lag. Dawood's bedroom was on the first floor, while the other two guest rooms were on the second floor.

I decided to look around the remainder of his space today after returning from law school. The kitchen was empty when I stepped in, with no sign of the housekeeper. I remembered there was no one to welcome us, even last night. The realization dawned on me that maybe she was on leave because of Dawood's absence, and Dawood might call her today. I was surprised that he didn't inform her of our arrival earlier.

I was standing in front of the fully stocked refrigerator with its door open. I still couldn't find anything to eat because everything in it needed preparation, and I didn't even know the a, b, and c of cooking.

"If you have decided what to make for breakfast, please hurry up. I am starving."

I heard Dawood's voice at my back and turned and looked at him. He was standing in the doorway in only sweats, which hung low on his hips. Shirtless Dawood with his sculpted body was a sight to behold, but right now, I had more pressing matters at my hand than my hot as fuck husband, like my growling stomach.

"Excuse me?"

"Why don't you prepare some breakfast, and we can talk while eating," he answered while making signs of cooking and eating.

"Don't you have a housekeeper or a cook?" I inquired in trepidation.

Dawood arched his brow, "Are you trying to tell me you won't cook?"

"What do you expect? I am a Princess. I had people for everything. You seriously can't expect me to cook," I replied to him, shrugging.

I noticed his jaw twitching and couldn't understand what was so funny about my answer. He ate up the distance between us with a few long strides and peeked into the refrigerator above my shoulder.

"So are you planning to fast?" He asked.

I gave him a haughty look turning towards him, "Of course no, don't you have jelly and peanut butter."

"I don't eat that trash," he replied leisurely.

I stared at him in disbelief. He must be kidding me. How can someone call peanut butter and jelly trash?

"What's wrong with them?" I asked him, tilting my head back and narrowing my eyes.

He had no right to be this tall. Dawood always gave me a complex for having an average height. I was five-four, but his six and half feet frame made me feel like a dwarf.

"Do you look at this body here? Do you think I got this by eating peanut butter and jelly?" He pointed the finger at his gorgeous physique, and for a moment, I agreed with him.