1051. - 1065.

Chapter 1051. - Qin Gang and Meng Shan

 "Tribute?"

Lin Dong was slightly startled for a moment before he came to a sudden comprehension. This place was the junction between Hundred Beast Ridge and Deep Lightning Mountain. Therefore, in order for the Nine-tail tribe to live here peacefully, they naturally had to pay a tribute to these two factions.

"Why are all of you hiding?"

"The women of our Nine-tail tribe are all extremely beautiful. Hence, it is very easy for us to attract trouble. If we catch the eye of those who come to collect tributes, there will be a great deal of trouble." Xin Qing's eyes were dim. Perhaps being beautiful would bring a lot of benefits if one was born someplace else. However, it was extremely dangerous in a place like this. In fact, one could even end up implicating one's entire tribe if one was careless.

Lin Dong was quiet. The nine-tail tribe was extremely beautiful, but they did not have the ability to protect their beauty.

"Previously, there was someone called Qin Gang from Hundred Beast Ridge, who came to collect the tribute. Sister Xin Qing caught his eye and he insisted on taking her as a concubine. In order to protect her, the chief asked her to temporarily leave the Beast War Region. Subsequently, our Nine-tail tribe had to pay quite a hefty price before Qin Gang reluctantly let this matter go to rest..." A young lady angrily said.

"Qin Gang?" Lin Dong glanced at Xin Qing who was gently biting her small mouth.

"He is one of the nine warriors of Hundred Beast Ridge and is extremely powerful. His strength is not inferior to that of Cao Ying from Blood Python City." Xin Qing said. In the face of such oppressive force, she had no means of retaliating besides fleeing.

Lin Dong nodded slightly. He turned his eyes and looked outside the village. This place was quite secluded. Coincidentally, it was also possible to see the scenery in the distance. At this moment, there were thick clouds of dust rising in that direction, while the thundering sound of galloping horses could be faintly heard.

......

"Haha, members of the Nine-tail tribe, hand over this year's tribute!"

As the dust scattered, a loud laughter immediately reverberated over the village like thunder. Following this, the dust settled and one could see a black mass of people appearing outside the village. Their evil and ferocious auras caused even dark clouds to gather in the sky.

"This voice..."

The expressions of Xin Qing's group changed drastically after hearing this loud laughter.

"Is that Qin Gang?" Lin Dong came to a comprehension when he saw this.

"Ah, dammit, why is he the one who is collecting tribute from our Nine-tail tribe..." Xin Qing gently bit her lips while uneasiness surged in her eyes.

Lin Dong slightly narrowed his eyes. He looked outside and saw a burly man standing in front of the group. This man was baring his upper body, while the surface of his body gave off the lustre of black rock. A brutal and ferocious aura spread from him

At this moment, this figure was riding a huge blood red bat as he smiled and looked at the Nine-tail village.

The light barrier covering the nine-tail village rippled soon after the loud laughter sounded as Aunt Xin led some experts from the Nine-tail village and stepped out.

"Haha, Chief Xin, it is time to hand over the tribute. I believe that there is no need for me to tell you the amount, am I right?" The man seated on the blood bat, smilingly looked at Aunt Xin and spoke in a lazy manner.