771.-785.

Chapter 771 - Qingtan

"Qingtan, what are you doing here?!"

Lin Dong's voice was currently filled with both shock and anger. Amongst these two emotions was a slight but unconcealable fear, the kind of fear that arose when things suddenly went out of one's control.

This was the first time Ying Xiaoxiao and Ying Huanhuan had seen Lin Dong in such a state. Immediately, they involuntarily turned their gazes towards the exceptionally pretty girl in the air.

The young girl was about Ying Huanhuan's age and wore black clothes. She had a slim figure and her features were rather pretty, while her beautiful eyes seemed to be filled with spirit, as if there was a talking fairy within them.

From the looks of it, this was Qingtan, who had left in a different manner than Lin Dong after he had left the Great Yan Empire.

Behind her, a man stood high up in the sky. The undulations from the latter were rather powerful and his face was covered by half a ghost mask, giving him a slightly eerie aura.

This unique appearance was not unfamiliar to Ying Xiaoxiao and the rest. He was number one on the Eastern Xuan Region's wanted list, Ghost Mask Chen Gui. For them, he could be considered an extremely famous character.

Currently, the two people in the sky had evidently become the focal point of this area. Of course, more gazes were directed towards Ghost Mask Chen Gui. After all, the reputation of the number one name on the sects wanted list was rather intimidating.

In the air, the happy smile on Qingtan's face had clearly been scared away by Lin Dong. She hastily landed from the air and obediently stood before the latter, yet she did not dare to look at the Lin Dong's face. With her slightly bowed head, she looked just like an ignorant little girl who had been caught after secretly slipping out of the house...

"You...you..."

Lin Dong was somewhat dazed as he gazed at the young girl that stood before him. The face that was so familiar that it had practically been imprinted on his soul caused a strange feeling to gush out from the depths of his heart. For a time, all he could do was point at the young girl and mumble incoherently.

Chen Gui had now also landed behind Qingtan. When he saw how obedient this junior sister disciple of his, that even his most stern master could do nothing about, had become, he was also somewhat taken aback. Soon after, he looked towards Lin Dong, whose expression was constantly fluctuating between anger and shock, wanting to say something but realised that it did not seem appropriate for him to speak. Hence, he could only continue on in this manner while standing behind Qingtan.

"What have you done?! Why are you here? You've left home?"

Lin Dong possessed a certain resistance towards shock after all. Thus, after a long time, he finally regained some of his wits as his alarmed and furious voice boomed out like a cannon.

"Not really, mum and dad know that I've left..." Qingtan's tiny hands were entangled together as she replied.

"Why didn't you obediently stay in the Great Yan Empire, why does a girl like you have to run out into the world?" Lin Dong angrily said. He was unable to imagine why an ignorant little girl would dare to enter a place like the Eastern Xuan Region that was filled with danger. Did she not realize that if something happened, both him and their parents would be unable to bear it.

When he thought about the worst that could have happened, even someone like Lin Dong felt a little suffocated. He knew that he would truly go insane if that scenario became reality...

"You could leave and go out into the world, why can't I do the same?"

Qingtan raised her tiny face in an unfair manner, however, when she saw the fury that once again shrouded Lin Dong's forehead, she quickly pulled back as the little bit of courage that she had managed to gather instantly disappeared like smoke, "I also want to protect mum, dad and the rest. I can also become strong. It must be so tiring for you to try so hard by yourself, I also want to be of help to you. I no longer want to be like before, where I can only powerlessly stand and watch."