691.-700.

Chapter 691: Rest

His consciousness was in constant darkness. While he was semi-conscious, Lin Dong faintly heard some soft and gentle sounds ringing beside his ear. These sounds were melodious and very touching. It gave one the urge to open ones eyes to see the appearance of the voices owner.

However, in the end, Lin Dong did not open his eyes. Deep weariness swelled and rushed out from the depths of his mind like a tide, causing his eyes to remain shut.

This weariness lasted for quite a long period of time. Finally, after a long struggle, his eyes forcefully pushed apart his eyelids and opened a small crack.

A gentle ray of sunlight shot down on him. This caused the crack between Lin Dongs eyelids to grow increasingly large before the sunlight finally banished the darkness.

After opening his eyes, the first thing that appeared in Lin Dongs vision was a quiet room filled with the scent of sandalwood. Vermillion red-coloured light reflected off his surroundings and bloomed within his eyes. It had a calm yet imposing atmosphere.

Lin Dong stared at the strange and unfamiliar environment around him. An extremely brief moment of absentmindedness flashed past his eyes. In the next instant, he suddenly stood up. Just as he was about to leap forth, his body turned soft. A powerless sensation started to spread from his limbs and his body, leaving Lin Dong with no strength.

The sensation of weakness within his body caused Lin Dongs expression to change. However, he gradually calmed down. Slightly wrinkling his eyebrows, it was apparent that he seemed to have recalled something.

Ying Huanhuan should have made it in the end muttered Lin Dong to himself. Thinking back to the last moment he could recall, he remembered hearing her familiar voice. From the looks of it, it seems like in the end, the Dao Sect members managed to reach there in time.

Im actually hurt this badly.

Lin Dong lowered his head and looked at his pale white palms. Unable to resist, he started wrinkling his eyebrows. He could feel the waves of pain being transmitted from within his body. Even the revolution of his Yuan Power was faced with some obstruction. It was obvious that the injuries that he had received this time were extremely serious.

Of course, the frowning Lin Dong failed to consider what kind of adversary he had faced. He was only at five Yuan Nirvana Stage. Coupled with the fact that he was a four Seal Heaven Symbol Master, as well as the various tricks up his sleeves, it was still quite a stretch to go toe to toe with an eight Yuan Nirvana Stage expert. Moreover, Yao Ling was an expert who had reached the nine Yuan Nirvana Stage. If he had not relied on the explosive energy within the five Ancient Immortal Yuan Fruits, Lin Dong would never match up to him. Furthermore, he even managed to wound Yao Ling severely.

Placed amongst the various super sects, a nine Yuan Nirvana Stage expert would already be capable of being a top class disciple. In fact, one would even be able to garner a pretty strong reputation within the entire Eastern Xuan Region. Nonetheless, Lin Dong was actually able to accomplish such a feat while being chased by Yao Ling and the rest, who were trying to kill him. If news of this incident was disseminated, there would be a high possibility that an uproar would occur.

Lin Dong slowly walked down from his bed. At this moment, there was absolutely no Yuan Power within his body. It would likely require quite a few days of nursing in order to gradually recover his Yuan Power.

Creak...

Walking across the room, Lin Dong pushed open the door. Warm sunlight vigorously poured down, enveloping Lin Dongs entire body. Under the gentle warmth, Lin Dong could feel that the throbbing pain within his body had significantly subsided.