11.-20.

11. Yin Pearl

"Qing Tan, has the chilling cold flared up again?"

As he felt waves of chilling cold emit from Qing Tan's body, Lin Dong could not help but shiver as he anxiously asked.

"Yes." Qing Tan squeezed out an answer through clenched teeth. Her frail body constantly shivered from the cold, a look of suffering on her tiny face.

"I'll go and call father!" Lin Dong quickly said.

"No, please don't go!" Upon hearing those words, Qing Tan swiftly grabbed on to Lin Dong's sleeve. Immediately, the chilling air swifty formed a thin layer of frost on his sleeve. "It's no use. Besides, its rare to see Father in such a good mood. Please do not trouble him, I can endure this."

As he looked at Qing Tan's tiny yet deathly white face, Lin Dong felt a growing ache in his heart. Gritting his teeth, he finally nodded. He knew that Qing Tan was right, even if he called father over, it would be of little use and will instead only increase the number of worried people to two.

Qing Tan had frequently suffered from this chilling cold since young. After a certain period of time, an extremely dense chilling air will explode from within her body. Under the effects of this chill, her insides will be tormented by extreme pain. Over these past ten years, she has suffered immensely due to this chilling cold. However, even Lin Xiao could not find any solution to alleviate her condition. He once tried to use Yuan Force to forcefully expel the chilling cold, but in the end, he had to spend nearly half a month in bed in order to remove the chilling cold that entered his body.

Therefore, every time the chilling cold flared up in Qing Tan's body, the three of them could only helplessly watch as Qing Tan suffered while their hearts were cut to pieces on the inside.

"Let me carry you back to your room." Observing that Qing Tan was paralyzed with pain, he suddenly lifted her up, hugging her tightly in his arms, and ran like a mad man towards her room.

"Hsss hss!"

As he dashed into the room, Lin Dong swiftly placed Qing Tan on her bed. Then, he hastily rubbed his arms, which had turned numb from the chilling cold and felt as though they were being pierced by needles.

"Lin Dong-ge, you......you should return first. I can endure this." Qing Tan hid her frail body under the blanket as she feebly mumbled. However, as she spoke, her body started to tremble even more violently. It seems that the chilling cold was even more intense compared to previous times.

"So cold......so cold......"

Qing Tan popped her little head out of the blanket, her tiny face white as sheet and her hair glittering with ice crystals.

Upon witnessing this scene, Lin Dong, who was standing beside her, became extremely anxious and agitated as he paced up and down her bedside. Suddenly, his footsteps stopped. Clenching his teeth, he tore off his shoes and jumped onto her bed before proceeding to hug Qing Tan tightly through her blanket.

People who train posses a strong and vigorous life-force. Lin Dong hoped to use his body warmth to alleviate some of Qing Tan's pain. Even though he understood that his actions would hardly amount to anything, he could not bear to watch Qing Tan being tortured by the chilling cold all by herself.

"Lin Dong-ge, please don't!"

Qing Tan hurriedly replied as she felt Lin Dong's embrace. Even though Qing Tan was nearly unconscious from the chilling cold, Lin Dong's movement caused her to regain some of her senses. She clearly knew how potent the chilling cold in her body was, as even Lin Xiao, who was at Earthly Yuan level, had a difficult time dealing with it. How could Lin Dong, who was merely at Tempered Body 4th Layer, handle it?