DEALING WITH INSECURITIES

Insecurity is a feeling of inadequacy (not being good enough) and uncertainty. It produces anxiety about your goals, relationships, and ability to handle certain situations. Everybody deals with insecurity from time to time.

3 Main insecurity types

BEAUTY
Beauty is by far the biggest insecurity women report. We can be our own harshest critic and therefore we can struggle emotionally to just feel “good enough.” If treatments like Botox/fillers or using your top contouring skills make you feel your best, by all means, go for it. But it’s also important to remember to embrace your imperfections and own what makes you unique. Realizing that your characteristics are distinct to you and carrying that with confidence really sets the tone for security. After all, physical attractiveness is temporary, so we should gravitate toward developing inner qualities that are long-lasting and permanent.

2. RELATIONSHIPS
Women can often feel insecure and struggle with the idea of being wanted in relationships. Feeling unloved and undesirable creates an inner conflict where we then begin to compare ourselves with other women who we perceive have more than we do. We tend to focus more on the things that are lacking in us rather than the things we have. Additionally, we look for validation and approval from a partner rather than looking inward at the root cause of our insecurity. Trying to find security and reassurance through a partner is like putting a Band-Aid on an open wound. A more substantial approach to overcoming these insecurities includes mindfully increasing self-love and compassion. One way to access this is to make a list of all your strengths and positive characteristics and call it your “confidence file.” Pull this out when you are feeling insecure in your relationship and allow it to remind you of all the positive qualities you have.

Perfectionist: sometimes you push yourself too hard to be like the top 1 in class and work, this is good until you start to feel like you are never enough, you feel you are not the best and feel disappointed.

How to deal with insecurities:

•Affirm your value.
•Prioritize your needs.
•Embrace the awkward.
•Challenge your thoughts.
•Keep good company.
•Reflect on the good.
•Make time for joy.

Remember you are perfect as you are.

You can message us if you need someone to talk to.

~Modiri❣️