[Thirty-One]

|Chapter 31|
🤍🧳

𝗔𝗿𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗲
𝖲𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍 𝗈𝗋 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌;
𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝗐

𝗔𝗿𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗲𝖲𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍 𝗈𝗋 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌; 𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝗐

My sleep is abruptly disturbed by the sound of shuffling in our bedroom. I also realize that Seb is no longer cuddling me so, I immediately reach over to feel his side is empty. I slowly rub my eyes and roll out of bed to look for him.

I see light shining from the closet and the door is slightly cracked. Pushing it open, I see Seb packing a suitcase. "Baby, what are you doing?"

"Sorry love, I didn't mean to wake you." He doesn't even look at me, he just continues to pack.

"What are you doing?"

He sighs, "I'm going on a trip with Lucian."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Say that again?"

"I'm going on a trip," he replies.

"When, where, and why?" I ask.

"In two hours and you don't need to know where or why."

"So, you were just going to leave without telling me? And since when do we keep secrets about our whereabouts?"

"Baby I-," I cut him off

"Were you going to tell me Emilian?"

"I didn't want to wake you. I was going to leave a note and also message you," he says, still not giving me eye contact.

"Can you stop for a second and look at me?"

"I have to pack," he tells me still looking at the suitcase. I want to throw every shoe in this closet at him right now.

I take a deep breath in, "Alright then. Have a nice trip and don't bother calling or texting me whiles you're gone. You'll be lucky if I'm still here whenever you decide to come back." I stomp out of the closet, grabbing my phone to sleep in the guest room. As soon as I lay down, I let the tears flow out of my eyes.

I unlock my phone to check the time and it's 3:14. This man has me up at 3 a.m. crying. Great.

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

I'm sitting on the couch eating cereal, watching grey's and writing an email to the person that got the job as a secretary. My phone rings and it's Liza.