Chapter 41- Traps

ZANE POV

Anger starts building up inside of me.  My lycan paces around inside me snarling and mumbling that he's going to rip Miles Black into pieces.  I am thinking that's a great idea but realize we need him to find Tasha.  So I try to reason with the raging beast inside me.  

"So does anyone know where he lives or where to find him?"  Luke asks but no one answers including me.  Then everyone looks at me.

"Fine I'll see if my father can find out, but it'll have to be tomorrow.  I don't want to disturb him while he is with Kenna right now."  With that said everyone agrees.

"Well I'm going to see if I can find anything on Hollows."  Luke says.

"No, you stay in the hospital, I'll see if I can find anything for you and bring the books to you."  Mason stops him from going any further.  Luke looks like he wants to argue but doesn't. 

"I'll go do so combat fighting."  In other words, Nathan's going to the training grounds.  

"I'm going for a run to calm down."  I said and took off.  We all went our separate ways and after I got done running it was dark.

NEXT DAY...

First thing I do after breakfast is head to the alpha's office.  That's usually where father is during this time in the morning.  

I knock on the door and hear a quiet 'come in'.  I enter and see father in a pile of paper work.  I can't imagine that has to me one day and cringe.  

"Is now a bad time to talk?"  I cautiously ask.  Father can be grumpy sometimes because of the sea of paper work he has be neglecting.  

"No no, it's fine.  I can take a little break now."  So I tell father everything I know, what was discussed yesterday and what has been going on since the last alpha meeting.  And he listens without interrupting.

"I see so it seems you have quite the mate out there.  to be honest if she wasn't your mate I would have listed her as a dangerous threat.  So it is for you to decide what will you do from now on.  Do you want to find everything you can about your mate without asking her first or wait for her to come to you?"  Wow, that's one way to make me seem like a total jerk of a mate, but honestly I can't wait any longer.  Plus it seems like Tasha is never going to come to me first and it is forbidden to go into The Woods.  

"To be honest, Tasha have never looked interested in me every time we have met, even if it was only brief moments."  I tell him ashamed.  Mates are supposed to run into each other's arms as soon as they find each other, but Tasha seems totally uninterested in me.

"So that's why I've come to ask if you knew where Miles Black lives."  I ask boldly and my father's eyes look startled for a moment.

"Why ask that?" He asks but his eyes change colors but then they are back to normal quickly.  

"Because I heard he has talked to Tasha more times than anyone else has at school."  I scowl and his eyes widened.

"Yes, I'll get you the address in the afternoon.  It has to later since it is classified information son, sorry about that."

"Right, as long as I get it as quickly as possible."  With that I leave and wait for the address of a teacher.  Back there it really seemed like my father knew Miles Black personally.  Maybe I'll ask another time.  

A FEW HOURS LATER...

My father mind links me he got the address and I rush over to get it.  He hands me the piece of paper and as I read it I am surprised.  

"This is the address of the old mansion that resides between the Woods and forest of the Moon stone territory."  

"That's correct and that's why you have to be extremely careful, son.  It is highly dangerous and Miles Black is a mysterious man.  So once you get there never let your back be unguarded for even a second."

"Ok."  I gulp. If he is saying all this just because of one man and we will be at the edge of the Woods, I can't imagine what the mansion will be like inside or even what the Woods is like.

When I leave his office, piece of paper in hand I mind link the boys and Maddie to see if she will be of any help.  Maddie's magic is strong and can be every useful as defense if need be.  We all gather at the pack house, Mason and Maddie come together and Nathan is not far behind.  Luke is still in the hospital resting.

"Mind filling me in and what this is all about?"  Maddie huffs and crosses her arms.  Right...I forgot she has quite the attitude when she gets left out on things important.

"Mason can fill you in on the way."  I tell her and we move out with me in the lead.

It didn't take us that long to get there and I can tell Maddie is getting nervous.  Nathan is on high alert and Mason is most likely scanning the surroundings and thinking of the worst case scernios.   

"Uh Zane you know we are heading in the direction of The Woods right?"  Maddie asks, I can tell she is getting scared.

"Yes I know, Miles Black lives in the old mansion."  He deadpan.

Soon the mansion is within eye sight but so is the darkness of The Woods.  I still can't believe my mate could possibly be living in there somewhere.  

Fog soon surrounds us and it gets harder to see.  

"Mason?  Where are you?  I hear Maddie's voice but when I turn around I can't see anyone instead all I see is the thick fog.  What is up with this fog?!  It literally came out of no where.  then my father's words come across my mind.  'So once you get there never let your back be unguarded for even a second.'

I start to worry and call out to everyone.  "Maddie?  Nathan?  Mason?!"  I all hear them reply but they sound so far away.  "See if you can follow my voice."  I keep calling out to them when suddenly we here Maddie scream and I start to run in the direction of the scream and hear Mason holler her name when before I knew it I'm hanging upside down by both my legs.

Soon afterwards I hear two roars of pain that I'm sure are Mason and Nathan.  I try mind linking any of them but I can't get to them its as if something is blocking my mind to theirs.  Instead I yell to see if everyone is alright and hear Maddie yell she's fine just trapped in a net hanging above the ground.  Then barely hear Nathan and Mason as they sound like they are in pain.

A few minutes later the fog disappears and I hear quiet footsteps approaching from behind me.