Chapter 21- Mate

TIKI POV

When I get back to the school's field, I see Selene being comforted by her friends and Miles Black is checking on everyone else.

"Hey look she's back!"  A voice shouts and Miles Black is coming towards me with a few scratches of his own. 

He hovers his arm around my shoulders, not touching though just to see if I do anything but when I don't he lays his on me. 

'Don't let him touch us!'  Sasha yells at me and that alerts me.

I hiss and he lets go immediately. 

"Sorry sorry, lets get you washed up yeah?"  He says to me looking up and down.  That's when I look down at myself and see how much black blood I have on my clothes, hair and skin. 

"Come on everybody, let's head inside.  From now on, I don't want anybody going anywhere near here. Until we figure out what this attack is about."  Everyone agrees quickly and rushed inside.  

Selene and her friends ahead of us and Miles Black by my side but I can feel his eyes on me the whole time.

———

After getting inside Miles Black tells everyone to go straight to his classroom.  He just has to explain what happened to the principal and for Selene and I to come with.

Everyone heads down the hall and he motions us to follow him. This discussion topic has a good structure and has all the points in order. I followed him and Selene was behind me, dragging her feet with her head down.

We eventually make it to the office and we both follow him inside to find a older looking man in a gray and white suit sitting behind a desk, reading a book.

"Why if it isn't Miles Black! Haha, you only come in here if there's trouble to be dealt with.  What is it this time, two girls?"  The principal looks at Selene and I with a smirk then back at Miles Black.  "What did they get in a girly fight?"  When he realizes Miles isn't saying anything he turns very serious and drops the funny act. 

"Okay, what happened?"  He questions with a straight face. 

"Dark creatures attacked at the edge of The Woods not too long ago and we barely just escaped.  If it wasn't for Tiki here Selene and I won't be standing here."  Miles tells him motioning towards me then. 

"I owe a great thanks for keeping my niece safe Miss Tiki."  The principal bows his head towards me.  I say nothing in return and just stare at him.

He clears his throat, "anyway, why did you bring them with you?" 

"I thought you could bring comfort to Selene and ask any questions and hopefully she can give you answers and I could talk to Tiki in private."  Miles gets right to the point. 

"Ah, well there is only 10 mins left of school so I'd hurry back to class.  I'll inform the Alpha and make an announcement." 

Miles Black makes a swift exit and I follow him then, all the way back to his classroom.  I head for an empty seat and he speaks calmly to the class then. 

"The principal is about to make an announcement, please calm down now." 

"Under certain circumstances, there will be no school for a few days.  More information will be sent out as soon as possible."  The voice of the principal rings throughout the school.

I hear a few cheers outside this classroom but it is completely silent in here because everyone knows what happened.

As Miles Black tries to calm down a few girls from crying the bell rings and everyone slowly walks out.  I was about to walk out to but am stopped by Miles.