Prologue

A century and a half ago a huge war between angel wolves and hellhounds broke loose.  Many angel wolves died but were revived only for more hellhounds to rise.  

Both species were pretty evenly matched.

It became a bloodbath.  Everywhere you looked, in each and every direction there was the scent of blood and crimson red everywhere. No one could escape the smell or sight of blood. Anyone or anything that would try to intervene would be slaughtered, wiped out dead.   

It was bloodshed after bloodshed, each day would become worse and more devastating over night.  Each day more of both species were being killed, becoming more rare--endangered. 

Being the top two superior supernatural species puts a toll on others lower then them.  Other supernatural creatures were picking sides and started their own mini wars.  With all supernatural species dwrindling down to a low number.  A whole species actually did get wiped out...the lycans. 

Lycans were a important species in the supernatural world whether others liked it or not.  They were the peacekeepers, the protectors but some lycans didn't like to be seen that way. 

Lycans loved the power their bodies had, craved the power.  So when the war between the top superior creatures and battles started.  They took the chance to climb to the top and they almost made it. 

First they attacked the werecats then nymphs then elementals then witches and most of the werewolf packs.  The lycans didn't kill them all off, just made sure they understood where they stood and that lycans are above them.  They are ruthless, not peacemakers or protectors. They look after themselves. Solitary beings that only come together if absolutely needed.

The lycans next target was dragons. 

Now, dragons were right next to the Angel wolves and Hellhounds.  So the lycans knew they were almost there and were blinded by their power hungry eyes to see how weak they were compared to dragons.  On the first day of the battle between dragons and lycans, the lycans were gone.  Every single one, shredded to pieces and souls destroyed so they could never reincarnate. Too make sure, the dragon king ordered his soldiers to look for every last lycan alive to be killed, whether it be a woman, child or a newborn lycan. 

As soon as the Angel wolves and Hellhounds heard the devastating news, the kings and queens both decided on a treaty. 

In fear of more species going in to extinction, they decided not only on the treaty but to all supernaturals that even the most opposites can get along and are forbidden to act unrationally towards each other. 

The kings and queens declared there will be no more war between them for they are the superior species and should be acting like it.

For it was hard at first because of the history between the two species, but they looked at the wiser path and took it. 

Their first born children must mate each other, already mated or not, and have a healthy child.  That child will become the peacekeeper of their world and all the other supernaturals that are mourning for their lost ones. 

Making up for their hatred of one another, they decided on this to have no more bloody wars to cause such a disaster and lose a whole species again.

So the Hellhound prince and Angel wolf princess had a son and a daughter.  It does turn out they were true soul mates after all.  Their first born was a son named Asher and the second born a daughter, named Alani.

And this was only the ending of a new beginning....

****************************

Hey, so I finished the prologue and I'm excited...so what do you think?!
I will admit I wasn't sure how I should start off this story.  I had a couple ideas but I just decided with a little background on how everything started.