Chapter 15- Giants

TIKI POV

My eyes roam up the tree and back down to the crushed black ooze where the giant smashed them.

I suddenly fall to the ground and get picked up by the ankles and thrown to a tree making a few ribs crack.

'Let me loose, I'll kill them all'. Sasha snarls fiercely in my mind.

I quickly get up and feel a rush of wind and bend back just in time to dodge a fist to the face.  I growl and punch the dark creature in the face, knocking it down then I stomp on its skull.

I close my eyes to focus a little better and let Sasha take half control of me. My eyes flash white and her voice spoke, "Who are you creatures to dare to mess with me?!"

Everything seemed to freeze, not a muscle could be moved by how terrifying Sasha's voice was.  She controls my body but I can pull forward if need be.  It's okay, I'm okay, it's not like it in the past.  

Sasha growls with the absence of movement.  Sasha rushes to the closest monster and rips its head clean off.  body falls limply to the ground with a thud.  Then she continues with amazing speed.  

She was just finishing them off with just one left when a alarming noise went off in my head.  Then I realize it is from Sasha trying to transform.  My legs break and I fall, my back aches and my head won't stop pounding.  I can hear Carlos saying something from afar, but its not clear.  I bend over and yell in pain as my back arches up.  

"Don't fight the change, it won't give you this pain"  Sasha yells at me.    

"No, I can't!  I don't know how!"  I argue back with her.   She growls in return

I regain control of my body when Sasha stops trying to transform.  Then I smell it before I see it.  The last dark creature stands before me ready to strike but the hit never comes.  Instead the ground rumbles so loud I thought the ground would split in half.  

Black ooz comes into my view and I finally stand up and see a giant standing tall and proud in front of me.  Then the most unexpected thing happened, it kneeled to one knee and Carlos runs up next to me.  All around us more giants start kneeling surrounding us.

"What are they doing?"  Carlos asks me.

"Kneeling I suppose?"  I suggest.  

"We kneel to no outsiders"  a booming voice answers for us.  "this is our way of showing respect."

"Oh"  is all Carlos says and I keep my mouth shut.  

The first giant that kneeled shook then began to shrink.  Now it is as tall as the trees, it brings its lays its hand on the ground and Carlos and I just look at each other.  

"I just showed you I have my respect, I'm not going to kill you."  He says

Carlos slowly starts inching forward my I caught his wrist and shake my head at him.  

"I don't trust them"

"Relax, Tiki we can take care of ourselves if anything happens right?"  Carlos is too relaxed around them, I let go of his wrist and follow him.  As soon as we're both on the palm of the giant, he starts raising his hand and leads us to his shoulder.  Carlos hops off first and holds on to a root on the side of the giant's head.  Then I hop off and put my hand securely on Carlos' shoulder, while he holds my waist in his arm.  

"Sorry, respect isn't normal to us.  Especially to Tiki here, where she came from well.  It's not a place where respect and trust exist."  Carlos explains to the giant.  "We've been best friends for years but lost touch and it took me months to have her full trust again" 

"I can understand that after the few of my kind that remain.  We were being wiped out one by one in one night.  That's why we attacked you, any outsiders that enter here.  We don't want to be gone forever, for no one to really forget us.  Giants are thought to be just rumors now"  Jeesh, its like Carlos and the giant have been friends for years.  

"Is that was the creatures were?  Blackenings?"  I interrupt at a few minutes.  

"Yeah, the are dark giants that rotted before becoming a full giant like us.  They are lured out by good auras and won't bother with evil auras.  So when we saw them going after just Carlos and not you it made no sense.  Then they went after you when you killed one of them so you do have a good aura also."  He leaves it at that.  A good aura eh?  I'm suppose to have a evil aura, not good...strange.  I have to figure out a way to survive here first then worry about other things.

"Where are you taking us?"  Carlos asks that finally gets my attention.  

"To our king"  That's not good, I was about to jump but Carlos tightens his grip around my waist. 

Sasha growls at that and my body heats up like fire where his hand lays.  He yelps, but holds on.  

"Tiki!  Relax"  He whisper yells at me.  "What do you mean king?  If there is so few of you left then why do you need a king"  

"It doesn't matter what you call them, ruler, alpha, guardian.  A king is what we call our leader.  No matter the size of the species, there always is a leader."  The giant explains, we also picked him because of the power he holds.  

"What do you mean?"  Carlos asks curiously.  

"See for yourself"  The giant says as he bends on one knee and leans forward as if he's bowing and he jump off him.  At first nothing happens but then a giant appears with glowing designs on both arms and knees.  Green mist swirling around him, this must be the giant king.  

"My King, this is Carlos and Tiki.  We give them our respect for they came here with no disrespect."  The giant behind us says still bowing.

"Rogues"  Is all the Giant king says glaring down at us.