Chapter 11- Imprinted

Tiki POV

We made it to the mysterious place where the water deity appeared to me.  It looks the same but different at the same time.

Like it knows something is up.  I could see the smoke of the fire coming and burning the trees.  I know we don't have much time left. 

I sit on the same rock I did before and close my close my eyes. 

"Do you know what you are doing?"  Carlos asks wearily. 

Not really but I don't tell him that.  I'm just hoping this works.  I focus on what Champ looks like, picturing him in my head and then showing him where I am. 

I suddenly see myself pop in my mind.  Then the background of where he is.  Then it all vanishes.  I open my eyes and see Carlos with a worried face. 

"He's coming". My plan worked perfectly.  Well almost...we need to move.  The flame lizards and firebirds are getting close, the Phoenix no where in sight.  But that doesn't matter right now. 

Carlos starts running and I follow.  We have lost the path again and are now running in random directions, dodging trees and jumping over logs and bushes.  Doing anything to slow down the flame lizards and firebirds.  I felt the Phoenix a little bit ago but lost it again. 

Suddenly, I felt a few drops of water on my head and find Champ above me.  I look back and hope that we are far enough away before they catch up to us. 

"Carlos!"  I yell from behind him and he skids to a stop.  He turns around looking confused then sees Champ and his face relaxes a little.  Until his eyes widen and I felt hot wind fly right past my cheek and burn the ground inches from Carlos' feet.

Sasha growls and talks angrily.

"Champ do you know how do the bond?" I ask hopefully. Champ squeaks, I'm taking it for a yes and I sit down. Cross my legs and close my eyes. Putting my hands in my lap, I slowly open my eyes to see Champ right in my face then a blinding blue light appears.

Carlos POV

I watch as Tiki slowly opens her eyes as if Champ was waiting for that moment he's right in her face in an instant. Then turns into a bright light of blues with a swirl of pink.

That slowly turns to a smokey kind of texture mist and slips into her eyes. Tiki yells out, I go to help her but get pushed back by some kind of force. What the-?

'It's coming from the bond that's happening. The barrier is impenetrable.' Zay answers my question.

I expected Tiki to be shouting or screaming in pain, but she's just shaking violently. Then a fireball strikes at Tiki, but disingrates as soon as it touches the invisible force. Then more come raining down on us and I dodge every single one.

"Jesus, how long does this bond thing go on for?!"  I can't keep dodging forever plus they will eventually catch up to us.  Hurry up Tiki.

That's when the first one appeared...too close!  Too close!  Then I smell more of them coming.  I look back at Tiki to see her still in transition.  Come on think Carlos! 

Haha!  I lift my hands up and spin around so a ring of fire as tall as the trees surround us.  Eternal fire must be dangerous for the flame lizards because the first one isn't coming through and I hear a lot more hisses. 

Turning around I bend down in front of Tiki and shake her shoulders.  "Tiki, come on wake up!"  Gosh, why isn't she waking up?  "It's your turn to put on a show now!" 

I lift my hand up from her arm and see three squiggly lines on her bicep that go all the way around.

'She has been imprinted' I hear Zay's voice whisper in my head.

Tiki POV

I can feel someone shaking me again, it's really annoying actually.  So they really think I want to sleep?  Feeling like I'm the most exposed person ever, I try again. 

I can hear Sasha put her energy out also.  'Kill, kill'. She keeps repeating.  Then another voice speaks.  'Protect, must protect forest!  Wake up!!'  Then my eyes fly open and my hand shoots out wrapping around a throat. 

"Ahh!"  I hear a familiar voice shout.  

Carlos...

I suddenly feel very hot, it's very heated here.  That's when I noticed my surroundings, a huge wall of raging fire is circling around us.

I growl, "What is going on here?"  Suddenly, I freeze and I see a flash of blue cross my eyes. 

'Must protect forest!'

It's the voice again! 

"Uhh, Tiki?  Your eyes are blue". I hear Carlos in front me but not him.  I see certain bright colors.  Blue, pink, red, green and yellow...heat signature vision?  But how? 

'I'm seeing through your eyes right now, Master.'

Master?  What the? Who is this?

'I'm Champ or so that's what you named me. Not bad for me actually because I am a champion of the creatures'.

I start to try to block him out when he yells, 'Wait! Use my power to destroy the Flame lizards and Firebirds. Use it to win'. How am I suppose to use it when I don't even know what power I have?!

Well, if Champ is a water creature I must have water powers or something. Water is calm and always moving, flowing in one direction.

"Tiki? Are you okay?" Carlos asks worried.

I look at him, take a deep breath, "take the fire wall down". I more like order him too.

He does unsure of himself and it leaves a burnt ring around us. As soon as the Flame lizards notice it's down the zoom at us but before they can even cross the black circle line, I clear my head and flick my wrist up at them. Water shoots out of the ground underneath each and everyone of them.

They keep on coming and now have whips as water with Carlos at my back. I strike everything that comes at us and eventually there is no more Flame lizards.

"Woah, that was a ton, you must be exhausted!" Carlos heaves a heavy sigh as I roll my eyes. Lazy butt.

Now we just have the Phoenix and Fire birds. I get out of the safety of cover and gather as much clouds and the birds notice me then. They start to dart towards me when I squeeze my fists shut and rain and snow start storming down on them.

There flames sizzle out and become red or blue birds. As that happens they dart away into all different directions.

*Screech*

I hear the loud piercing sound of the Phoenix coming and trees are still burning.