locker room (fluff)

The locker room against his back was cold. Water ran down his cheeks but he wiped them away quickly, instead sniffling. The bell was going to ring soon, he had to get himself together.

Dream let his head hit the locker as he stared at the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen. The air around him was heavy with sweat as grime sat on the floor. It was so disgusting but this was the only place where he couldn't get disturbed...

A boy crashed in the room, panting loudly. Dream jolted up, his eyes moving to the person who had just entered. The boy didn't even make eye contact with Dream, he probably didn't know, Dream was there.

The small boy looked out the small glass window, after sighing. He turned around and immediately jumped backwards at the sight of Dream. The boy laughed nervously and ran a hand through his dark brown locks. "Sorry, I didn't know anyone would be in here".

Dream nodded, unsure of why anyone would run in here on purpose. He asked "Why are you in here?" He furrowed a brow.

The boy didn't respond right away. He instead walked over and sat on the metal bench. He grimaced about how gross it was but didn't attempt to find a new spot. "I'm running away from Mrs Johnson.". Ah, the math teacher, that makes sense.

Dream scoffed which turned into a small laugh, "I would too,".

A silence settled between them. An awkward one at that. Well, maybe more for Dream than the boy because the boy had taken out his phone from his jeans pocket and seemed to be scrolling through a social media app.

Dream put his head back against the locker, a quiet bang echoed through the room. Neither seemed startled by it. He crossed his arms and continued to stare at the ceiling. It wasn't long until the bell rang so he would be fine.

From the side of his eye, he saw the boy look up and turn off his phone. They made eye contact for a brief moment before the boy looked away and said "My name's George,"

Dream was unsure if he should introduce himself or not. "The name's Dream,"

"Dream," he repeated out loud. "So, what're you doing in here?,".

Dream decided to lie, "I'm skipping class,"

George gave a response by humming. Silence settled around them until George spoke "Then why do you look like you've been crying?"

Dream's body tensed up. "I haven't"

"Really?"

"Yes,"

The boy hummed, "Wanna talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about," Dream responded, gritting his teeth.

He adverted his eyes towards George with annoyance written all over his face. George met his eyes but had an unreadable expression plastered on his face.

Eventually, George stood up, walking over and leant against the cold metal lockers. With a sigh, he turned his gaze to the ceiling light that would flicker every few seconds. Dream didn't move, but kept an eye on the boy.

"I won't force you tell me but I think it'll help if you do say it to someone," George started.

They stood next to each other, no words being spoken in between. Should Dream breakdown his walls and let George know? Would anything change? Probably not.

He took a deep breath and said quietly "My parents kicked me out,".

His voice was shaking slightly as he turned his vision from the ceiling towards the floor.

"Do you have a place to stay?"

Dream hadn't thought that far ahead. Where was he going to stay? He didn't have any friends or relatives which he could rely on in the area. He sighed, once again, banging his head on the locker doors.

"No, I don't," he whispered.

Controlling his emotions was harder than he had anticipated. A hand rested on his right shoulder as he looked towards the weight rested on him. The boy pulled Dream into an unexpected hug but quickly melted into it after realising how much he needed it. George gently rubbed his back and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. Dream adored this.

"Would you like to stay with me?"

Dream froze at the question.

George must've felt his body stiffen and quickly said "Only if you want to. My parents are out for the month and even if they did come early, they would understand,"

Dream felt tears weld up in his eyes again and muttered a quick and soft "Yes,"

**********************************************************************************

i legit have no idea what i wrote but here, take it <3

a/n okay guyssssss, what do ya think? i hope i didnt do too bad. if u want me to change some things, just message and i can add/change things! eat, drink, sleep!

word count: 754 (THANK U GUYS FOR 84 READS, IT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE MUCH BUT IT IS TO ME SO TYSM <3333333)