SC III: WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

CLINT HAD been sulking since morning, when he woke up, he thought Sky is gonna greet him and kiss him senseless, but that's not what happened!

When he woke up, Sky already left and when he asked their kids, they said their mom left for work, and it was enough to make Clint's mood sour.

It was their special day, his very awaited date every year. Pero ang asawa n'ya, hindi man lang naalala!

"You okay, boss?" Tanong ng sekretarya n'ya. He owns a law firm now.

"Yeah." Walang gana n'yang saad.

"You don't look okay to me." Ani Gale, his cousin and also his secretary.

"I'm fine, Gale." He said, but the truth was, he isn't fine, he's pissed! He is pissed because his wife didn't remember their special day!

He'd been looking forward to it. At saka hindi lang 'yon, this morning when he asked his wife how's she doing through text, her reply was cold. So cold! It says:

'Fine.'

Yep, that was his wife's reply, one word. And he was beyond pissed because of that! She didn't even ask me if I'm doing good, or how I am!

Clint wanted to tell Sky that it's their wedding anniversary. But there is a part of him that says he shouldn't, because if she really cares for him, love him, she'll remember.

Clint wanted to assume that Sky has a surprise for him, because she's acting weird. But he can't expect things, he knew what disappointment tasted like, and it's not appeasing.

"Fuck." He whispered and sighed. He got up from his swivel chair and he walked straight to his firm's parking lot after assigning Gale what to do. He wants to clear things off his mind, he wants to see his wife!

So he drove to his wife's hospital, only to be shaken when he saw her talking and laughing with someone, and that someone is a guy.

Jealousy ripped through his body, he's livid, he's pissed, he's mad, and he wants to kill— preferably that man Sky is talking to. At mas lalo pa s'yang nainis nang makitang niyakap ni Sky ang lalaki.

He felt like thousand of daggers were buried on his chest, he was in pain! He was jealous! But he didn't want to make a scene so instead of running to his wife, he took his leave and headed towards their house.

When he arrived, their kids was afraid to greet him because of the dark aura around him, at nang mapansin iyon ay pilit s'yang ngumiti sa mga ito saka tinungo ang silid nila ni Sky.

His day became even worse, hindi na s'ya lumabas sa kwarto nila ni Sky at doon nagkuta, hindi s'ya kumain at nakahiga lang sa kama hanggang sa makatulog s'ya.

Nagising nalang s'ya nang parang may mabigat na nakaakap sa kanya, and it turned out to be Sky.

"Sabi ng mga bata ay hindi ka raw lumabas rito kahit kanina ka pa nakauwi, care to tell me what's the problem?" Sky asked him with her sweetest voice.

"Who was that guy you're talking to?" He asked.

"Oh, you mean Levin?" She asked nonchalantly as if it was nothing, "Are you jealous?" At mas lalo pa s'yang nainis nang itanong iyon ni Sky.

"Who is he?"

"He's my cousin, the one I told you before. Yung sa america lumaki? Remember him? Kakauwi n'ya lang." He was taken aback and he can't say anything.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so don't be jealous. Get up, let's eat with the twins, we baked."

"What?"

"We baked a cake for our anniversary, did you forgot?" She asked, smiling.

"How could I forget? Naiinis nga ako dahil akala ko nakalimutan mo, hindi mo ako binati kanina." Aniya nang nakanguso.

"I'm sorry, baby. Now get up, let's eat."

He got up and followed his wife to the dining area, she indeed baked and it was beautiful, it's just a simple white and skyblue cake, with the words 'happy anniversary my love, i love you' and there are some butterfly and heart toppings.

It was a fun night, his mood was lighten up and his day was complete. Ah, best day ever.

When evening came, Sky talked about something her cousin said to her. Levin owns an orphanage and there is a little girl, just 8 years old who experienced a lot of trauma, and Sky wants to adopt her.

And he doesn't have the heart to say no.

At that night, he felt so happy, their family's gonna be bigger. I'm lucky.

THE END