Chapter 13 Hide N Seek

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

Snipe had just explained how today was going to go unlike other days this one was different. It was the sports festival everyone in my class was participating except for me. I was just going to help Recovery Girl with the injury students. I had no intention to be the number one student especially since I knew I wouldn't get too far in the tournament with some of these students' quirks.

I was gathering my stuff to meet Recovery Girl when Mei tapped my shoulder. She hadn't gotten any more letters so she was becoming herself again. "Are you sure you don't want to participate in the sports festival?" Mai asked

I shook my head no then Shinso spoke up "I don't know why you don't want to join since you are the best fighter in the class"

I signed ' You've gotten just as good Shinso. You'll represent class 1-C just fine and Mei with your tech you'll do great.'

The tips of Shinso's ear got a little red and he looked away then spoke "Thanks Y/n"

"I just want to be able to show off my gear hoping to impress any future business partners," Mai said

I wished my class good luck before going to the stadium. In one of the hallways was a room set up to be a nurse's station. Recovery Girl was already in there setting up materials.

"Good morning Y/n can you help set up the bandages," Recovery Girl asked

I got straight to work seating up bandages, getting ice packs, making beds, and anything else I was needed for. Soon the room was ready for the incoming patients we would be getting.

"I am going up for the opening ceremony do you want to come?" Recovery Girl asked

I shook my head no so Recovery Girl left me alone. Since there was nothing for me to do I just sat on the bed scrolling through my phone. There was a text from my mom telling me to have fun and that she would see me tomorrow. My mom had permitted me to go to the school sleepover that was being held after the sports festival. I hadn't planned on going but Mei begged me so I agreed to go.

I jolted when I heard single gunfire from where the stadium was not long after Recovery Girl enter the room. She came taking a seat in an empty chair.

"It's started we should have our first patients soon" Recovery Girl explained

She wasn't wrong as kids started to pour in none had bad injuries just scrapes and bruises. If they didn't want Recovery Girl's candy, I would bandage them up. The stream of kids didn't stop until the first challenge was over. We used that time to clean up any messes we had made. The next challenge was the cavalry battle. Recovery Girl went to watch while I stayed behind again.

When the cavalry battle was over we got another stream of students who needed to be treated. It wasn't as many as the first stream of kids but enough to keep us busy. The final challenge was the one-on-one fights which were happening after lunch. My mom had packed my lunch so I ate in the makeshift nurse's office.