Fear

Author's POV: (present)

The night was dark and scary. The sky was roaring with thunders and lightening. It seems like there would be a cyclone. The winds are furiously trying to break the trees which were standing in their way. The power lines are broken due to the fallen trees with entangled wires. The atmosphere was gloomy. It was clearly the indication of destruction.

A man has stopped his car infront of a huge building which was called his home. But can it really be called as a home. Now it was a mere building made up of bricks and cement. A home should be made out of love and care. Does he have that in that house? Maybe he has it but didn't never realise it. He was looking at the main entrance door infront of him while sitting in the driving seat of his car. Does he really want to go in there?

Because now there's no one who would welcome him with a smile. This house isn't filled with giggles and noise anymore. There was no one who dare to shut his laptop when he was over working and would drag him to the dining hall to eat on time. There was no one who made food just like he wants, by their hands with love. There would be no one who would take care of his needs when he was getting ready for the office everyday. There would be no one who would run after him till his car to send him off to office everyday. There would be no one who worried about him when he runs late in the office. There would be no one who disturbs him when he hell bent on working on weekends too. Actually there was nothing left in this house for him. Whatever is left in there it was no longer his necessity. The one who left from there, took his life away with her, without her knowing.

He couldn't believe how could he disregarded her, how he didn't bother about her, didn't tried to know about her, didn't understand her, didn't really know her even after years of living together. Its not like he never cared about her. Infact he cared alot about her and fulfilled all her necessities. But it wasn't enough to let her know that she means his world. He didn't did anything so that she never have to feel insecure about anything. It was all his doings that he was standing here now, without her. How could he give her place to another one easily. How could he hurt her without him knowing. Did she also felt the same heartbreak that he was feeling right now? He used to be proud of his judgement. He used to be sure of his decision. He used to be think twice before taking a step. But how could he done this grave mistake. Does it called as a mistake, maybe it was more than that, it was a sin.

The weather was also not so calm today. How the beautiful night of a bright full moon summer  has become into a dreadful night of cyclone in just few hours. His whole world has broke apart in just a matter of hours.

He wanted her to come back. He doesn't want to live without his family. If he has his queen and his princess in his arms, he would feel the world in his arms. How much he missed the endless questions of his princess and the most silliest answers he used to gave her. How much he missed the craziest conversations between him and his princess in an alien language of his princess, of which he doesn't understand what she's saying and she never understood what he was answering, but they both laugh it off at end. He was looking at the front door of his house through his car glass but not really looking at it. His whole life till few hours back was replaying infront of his eyes. He reminisced how happy of a person he was till few hours back. And how he turned into a lonely person in just a matter of time. He was praying to God to give him back what he has with him until now and he will never ask for anything again. This time he want to cherish what he has. He want to give unconditional love to the one who own his heart without him realising.

The sound of rain drops hitting on his car's front shield got him out of his endless thoughts. He sighed and opened the car door. He got off of the car and closed the door with a thud. He painfully dragged his feet to the door and opened the door of the empty house punching the security code. He entered the enormous hall which connected to a huge living room on the right and kitchen and dining table on the left. He dropped his coat on the couch and head to the stairs in the middle of the hall to go upstairs. When he stepped on the first step of the staircase he involuntarily let out a long sigh. A sigh of desperation, a sigh which was telling the emotionally drained state of the person. His body was not listening to him. It was craving for someone's presence. He wanted her to take him in his arms and let him free of this pain. He wanted to sleep peacefully in her lap while she was caressing his hair. He wanted her to wash him off of this depression by kissing his forehead and say everything's gonna be alright.

He was still stood on the first step of the staircase and again got lost into her thoughts. He snapped out of it from the sounds of windows hitting it's frame due to wind. He know exactly from where it's coming from. She likes fresh air. Though she had an A.C. installed in the room she always preferred to stay at the window of the room on the couch, which was specially placed for her. She likes to have her cup of coffee while looking at the sky through the window. She always used to left her windows open to let the fresh air into the room.

Suddenly a hope filled in his heart. A hope of her return. A hope of their beautiful future together. A hope of their beautiful family with cute children running around the house. His feet took off the stance and he ran to that room with a large smile. A smile only appear when he thinks about her and whenever he saw her face and her beautiful rhythmic laugh.

He thrown opened the  doors of the room only to meet with silence and despair. His steps halted upon not finding the beautiful glimpse he was searching for, He was ached to see for.

He slowly went to the window and closed it. She must have left it open in hurry and forgot to close it. When he turned around he saw the beautifully framed picture of their marriage which was placed proudly on the side table beside the bed. He saw her the happiest in that picture. The twinkle in her eyes gives away the love she has for the man she was going to belong to. He lovingly traced her smile in that picture. Where did all this happiness gone now. Why was fate being cruel with him?

His heart was not much different from the weather tonight. The weather was filled with thunders, lightenings, harsh winds and pouring rains. His heart was swirling in emotions like love, care, guilty, desperate, regret and the most prominent one was fear. The fear of losing his love, fear of losing his world, fear of losing his wife and child. He never felt this much helpless in his entire life which he feels right now. Though his eyes were looking like empty, if one could really see they could find the swirls of moist in his eyes.

He went to her cupboard and opened it. He took out a saree of her in which he likes to see her the most. It was a soft silk daily wear saree which she used to wear everyday while working and fly like a butterfly in the kitchen while doing work. This saree is of baby pink colour with large dark pink flower patterns on it. When she draped it, it would fit her body as a second skin and show of all necessary curves to him. She was a feast to his eyes when she wore a saree, like any saree. But among them it was his favourite. It was in this saree when he first started to notice her figure years back. She knows he would check her out whenever she wore this saree so she must have taken good care of it very well that it still looks like anew.

He pulled the saree out and hugged it near to his heart. He put his face in that and finally, the unshed tears started to fall off of his cheeks and absorbed into the blue dress shirt which he wore to the business party today.

He went to the bed along with her saree in his arms like it was herself in his arms. He collapsed beside the bed on the floor and finally let his tears out. He cried for her for hours in agony and finally fell asleep on the floor itself from the exhaustion while hugging her saree tight. His body was unconscious but his unconscious mind remained conscious in her thoughts. It was reminiscing the past where it all began actually.

So guys from here the past will begin which was the real story.

So how do you feel about today's chapter. So you think the plot was okay? So you think the chapter was okay?

Please don't forget to tell me in your comments. I am waiting 😘

Keep reading 😀
Keep voting 😊
Keep commenting ☺️

Love you all ❤️

Till the next chapter take care ❤️and byebye 🙏