ugly little thing called social studies

AUTHOR'S POV:

The letters between rudra and his bunny were common these days. Since last few months the two become so close. Rudra became her personal listening box. Sometimes he becomes her gossip sharer, sometimes he becomes her personal diary. But most of the times he becomes her complaint box just like today.

Rudra as usual went to his apartment along with venu after college. When opening the keys venu found an envelope at his door addressing Rudra. Venu also used to rudra getting letters and used to tease him whenever he receive one.

"Someone got a letter again. I wonder what was in that!!" He said trying to open the letter just to rile up his friend. Rudra was very much possessive about her letters and her. He realised his love for his secret admirer only few days after her first letter. But he doesn't know who is she and how to reach her so he was just waiting for her to give him a chance by meeting him.

"How dare you to touch it? You idiot!" Rudra flared on his friend and snatched the envelope from him. Venu just snickered at his friend and opened the door saying

"I know! I know! I have no interest in reading what my sister and his boyfriend were talking." Venu murmured but rudra heard it, of which a smile appeared on his face looking at his phrase of words.

"You don't even know her yet she became your sister and I became her boyfriend, huh?" Rudra snorted with a raised eyebrow.

"Or not what! Sooner or later you're going to be under her wings. It's always a wise decision to stand on the strongest side." Venu snickered and went to his room.

Rudra went into his room with a happy smile and sat on his bed opening the envelope.

Dear Rudra

Upon hearing the usual greeting his heart fluttered. His ears for waiting to hear the same greeting with her sweet voice.

You know what happened today. My mom scolded me early in the morning. And you know for what! Just because of the ugly thing like social sciences.

He chuckled at that, the animosity between that subject and her was really comical. He remembered how she wrote a letter to him mentioning she couldn't able to remember all the years and dates in history and all the geographical details of the world. She said she wanted to be an educational prime minister so that she could remove this subject from the educational system and make it disappear for forever. He chuckled reminiscing that day. But in the next letter she said she wanted to have panipuri so badly on that day but the vendor she went didn't made it tasty so she decided she would become a chef so that she could eat whatever she want to eat whenever she would crave and she could made it just like she wants if she become a chef.

It was really hilarious to know her career options. Her ideal career would change monthly thrice atleast if not more. But what could he have said, he was also of just 20 years old, soon to be 21 and going to be a graduate in just an year. He knows the confusion of selecting a career but as he knows what he wants from his young age he already decided his career. But it's not the case with her. She would say she would want to own a plant nursery and become a florist whenever she sees a beautiful bouquet. She wanted to become a singer whenever she sees Indian idol. She wanted to learn dance whenever she sees someone dancing graceful kathak. She wanted to become writer whenever she read a Wattpad story. There were so many things like this. If not for being her personal diary he wouldn't have known all these things. Though he never seen her, he knows everything about her. She was a book to him, who he already knows word to word by heart without knowing it's name.

You know what happened today? My mom woke me up so early in the morning at 5'O clock to study as the exams are in a month. As you already know that I'm atleast better in every subject but not with that 'ugh' subject. So my mom want me to study that stupid thing early in the morning. According to her I could pass the subject if I study it early in the morning.