Father and Son

Author's POV:

After returning home, she told her parents that she feels headache so came home early. Her parents were also didn't doubt her and left it as it is.

That evening Rudra and Venu left the apartment and went back to their homes with tearful farewell of Latha aunty and sekhar uncle. The couple hugged the boys who became family in these few years with so much love. Few of their neighbours also came to bid bye to them as everyone in the apartments knows how well behaved these boys are. Soon they left to their own homes.

When Rudra entered in his huge mansion, he saw his father was waiting for him in the living room. Krishna was in his middle forties who founded the huge industries which happens to be leading in daily necessities. They had domains in every wings of daily necessities. Recently they started to enter into kids products too. But their evergreen products were pickles and snacks. They were always in demand. He named his business as 'RRK group of Industries', it was in the remembrance of his father First Lieutenant Raghuram, his biggest supporters in his life his mother Rajya Lakshmi and his late wife Kalyani.

(There were used to be first and second lieutenant posts in Indian army before, later they merged into one and be called as 'lieutenant' after the second Lieutenant post removed in 2006)

Krishna uncle looked at his son entering into the house and cleared his throat to attract his attention.

"How was the journey?" He asked his son looking at his face. He eyes were longing for his son's love.

"It's good dad!" Rudra answered simply avoiding his eyes. The room fell in silence. Though they wanted to hug each other, they couldn't muster up their courage. They missed each other, though they were standing within a radius of metre the actual distance between them to have a hearty talk was beyond measures.

"Have you had your medicines?" Rudra asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah! I was waiting for you to have dinner. Then I'll have my medicines." The old man stuttered. Rudra just started at him. He doesn't like his father being neglecting his health. Krishna uncle knows the meaning of that look but he was not ready for an argument. They were already having a cold war through years. Though he was training his brain and heart to encounter this moment from 5 years, but facing the situation is a different ordeal. So he immediately changed the topic.

"Rehana! Arrange the dining table. Your Rudra babu has arrived." Krishna uncle shouted from the living room, to be heard into the kitchen. Soon a lady who was in her early forties came almost running. She was working as their house help from almost 11 years, since Rudra's mother passed away. Her husband, Ahmed was working for them since 20 years. He would usually take care of things out of house like getting groceries, vegetables, getting the garden cleaned, checking the cars for servicing and driving etc., When Rudra's mother passed away, he brought his wife for helping the little boy and from then she took the responsibilities of a cook there. There were also another two helpers for the remaining chores in the house like washing and cleaning.

(Babu is an endearment in telugu, which means son)

"Rudra babu! When did you come?" Rehana aunty asked him touching his cheeks lovingly.

"Just now aunty! I really missed your food" He hugged her with the same affection. He didn't miss the longing in his father's eyes witnessing the interaction.

"You go and fresh up! I'll arrange the table." She patted his cheeks and went back to the kitchen hurriedly. Rudra gave one last look at his father and went to his room to freshen up.

After that they had their dinner, they started to went to their rooms to sleep. Rudra was too tired and just wanted to hit the bed.

"Good night kanna!" His father couldn't stop himself from feeling his son's face with his hands. He cupped Rudra's cheeks while a tear left his left eye. A tear of happiness to have his son near him. A tear of peacefulness to finally see him and feel him like this.