Rudra - Radha

Author's POV:

"Hi" Rudra messaged to the saved number to check if the phone is with her or not. But the reply never came. So he tried to dial the number only to get a response of 'the number you've called has been switched off or not in the coverage area, please try again later.'

He was confused for sometime, he correctly saved the number, but remembered that she went to college. So she must've been switched off her phone. He assured himself that she'll be in college and decided that, on evening, after classes he would again call her.

He soon got busy in work and went to college after that as he had some afternoon classes. Being in the final semister gives the liberty to students that they can come and went out of college at any time with the name of project work.

(Here in Andhra Pradesh most of the colleges or institutions doesn't allow usage of cell phones in its premises. If they see they would confiscate them. So most of the students who possess mobiles would put on silent mode their phones and some students would switch them off to not to get caught.)

At evening when he was in library his phone vibrated in his pant pocket, indicating he got a message. He immediately went to a corner and took out the mobile to check whether Abhi's reply has come. A big smile appeared as he got message from Abhi but he frowned looking at the content.

"Who is this?" 'Of course it's me who messaged her. Did she forgot that she gave her number to me in the morning?' he thought and 'she must be checking it's me or not, to respond.' he concluded.

But how could he tell her that's it's him only. What if her phone is not with her or it was with anyone in her home. It would put her in a problem. He checked his watch and the time was 05:30 pm. She must have reached her home an hour back. He decided to hint her that it's him but not actually say his name.

"R" he send the first letter of his name in confidence of, if it's her then she would understand it. If the phone is not with her then they would be clueless and he would easily escape saying wrong number.

(I want to tell all the readers, here in most of the middle class families there would be nothing called privacy. Anyone could attend anyone's call and parents would don't appreciate their children having screen lock on their phones. That too before 5-10 years now, parents would confiscate everything from their children if they thought that thing would be getting their children out of their hands. In the matter of girls it would be much severe. How much free their parents might seem, they wouldn't appreciate their children have too much free spirited and misuse their freedom.)

"Rudra! Is that you?" Came a reply.

"God Abhi! My heart stopped for a nanosecond when you asked me 'who are you'!" He replied breathing a relief breath.

"Sorry! Sometimes I used to get wrong numbers. It wasn't good to respond to them so..."

"It's okay! I understand. So what are you doing?"

"Just came home and freshen up. You?"

"I was returning from the college. Just got on the bus to home."

"It's almost 6 in the evening. Your classes running this late?"

"No, I stayed back for some information on my project. I was in library all this time."

Like this they were talking about anything and everything, after all it's a first love and they are flying on clouds. So they were behaving like teenage children talking about silly and small things too.