National Anthem 🇮🇳

Author's POV:

Everybody sat together for dinner. Due to paralysis Abhi's grandfather couldn't eat solid foods. So her mom made him drink thin rice porridge on his usual time. After their dinner she would made him take medicines and apply oil to his legs and hands as a part of physiotherapy. It's been years he was like that. At first they appointed a physiotherapist for his exercises. After having two months they couldn't bare the expenses of a physiotherapist, after all the house expenses, medicines, college fees every expense had to satisfy by sekhar uncle's salary. Along with that they had to save something from that very salary for their daughters marriage each month. So Latha aunty took that responsibility on herself. From that time she would take care of him as her own father, more as a son.

Everyone sat at the small 6 seater dining table. At the head of the dining table sekhar uncle seated with his left abhi and Ashu. To his right rudra and venu took their seats. The seat at the opposite side of sekhar uncle was left empty. Latha aunty was going to serve them when all of them insisted to sit and have dinner with them. But Latha aunty rejected saying "I want to serve everyone with my hands. So that you eat everything without leaving anything." Everyone just laughed it off. Well she always likes to feed people, that quality is in-built in her from birth.

The food was nothing extravagant. Just normal food like all the middle-class families cook on their happy days. The biryani, chicken curry, raitha, some white rice (again with chicken curry), chicken fry. They have made gulab jamun to eat after dinner. And sekhar uncle has brought sprite too. It's a very normal middle class happy meal with which no one has any complaints. They were all very happily started to eat everything especially the boys, they love eating her hand-made food.

While eating Rudra observes Abhi was eating very less. It was like she was tasting every dish a little bit only. Rudra wondered 'is it today only or daily! She eats almost nothing. She was eating like a 5 year toddler.' But he observed aunty also doesn't making her eat like she was making others. So he concluded it was an everyday occurance. He was worried for her health.

On the other side, Abhi turned to Rudra feeling his continuous gaze. She raised her eyebrows as in asking what?. To which Rudra just gave her a wink and a flying kiss with his lips.

Venu was eating happily and casually looked at his friend at the very same time his friend winked at Abhi. His heart started to beat looking at his friends audacity. At the very same time a very low gasp has been heard and when he turned his face to look at the source his eyes widened in surprise looking at Ashu.

It was clear that Ashu also saw the exchange between both of them. Venu coughed lowly, only audible to his friend. And seems like Rudra was in another world but he successfully catched ashu's attention. They looked at each other, Ashu's eyes were looking like saucers while her jaw was dropped on to the floor, to which venu just gave an awkward smile to her.

They both looked at the new couple where Abhi was blushing furiously and Rudra was smirking at her. They have no idea about what's happening around them. They just lost in each other.

Suddenly venu and Ashu remembered about the other people they have with them and looked at the old couple. They took a breath of relax looking at them lost in some other world.

Latha aunty was scolding sekhar uncle from almost five minutes due to which they both missed the whole fiasco that's happening infront of their eyes. Sekhar uncle was just hung his head down and taking all the scolding from one ear and send them out through another ear. Well the reason for the scolding was, while eating biryani sekhar uncle was eating more onions that he eat biryani. According to Latha aunty, to eat 2 servings of biryani he would eat whole half kilo onions for himself only. Ashu and Venu thanked God that Rudra and Abhi were saved today.

Dear Rudra..... (On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें