Chapter 12

Happy Reading :)

The Jungle was the most fun place I'd been in a long time. Lexi and I drank the clubs signature cocktail, jungle juice. 

"I've had jungle juice in college. This is definitely better than that." 

"Yeah this has less e coli in it." Lexi laughed.

"Oh fuck I forgot you're a nurse, Jesus don't tell me that please." 

The rest of the night was spent dancing and drinking and enjoying the atmosphere.

"You don't go out in New York?" Lexi asked me when we went to the bathroom.

"No, I work in a restaurant and I um, and I um." My head was feeling fuzzy I didn't even realize what I was trying to say.

"Fuck you're drunk," She giggled.

"But it's crazy Lexi, it's legal now. I can legally be drunk!" 

"I missed you Lyd." She looked sad.

"Don't tell me that please. I'm holding it together with a string, and if you tell me that I'll cry, and I don't want to ruin our night out." 

"Okay I wont," Her eyes welled up. My eyes welled up, and suddenly we were crying and hugging each other promising we wouldn't hurt each other again.

"I need a hug too," The girl washing her hands next to us, probably just as drunk turned and opened her arms to us. 

We hugged her too, for whatever it was that she needed. 

Club bathrooms. If all world leaders were forced to interact in the women's restroom at a club there would be world peace. 

"I need to fix my make up," Lexi said and pulled out her her pouch.

"Can I borrow your mascara." 

"You don't even look like you cried how is that possible."

"I've been practicing my techniques."

"It shows dude, you've come a long way from water liner and mascara. You have 'fuck me' eyes. Please teach me how you do that I haven't been fucked in so long."

"I thought Jay was your new boyfriend." I laughed.

"No Jay has a boyfriend. Who kind of looks like me but Jay won't admit it." 

"Blonde you or black hair you?"

"You bitch," Her eyes widened.

"I had to say it Lexi, you dyed your hair black." 

"Do you hate it?" 

"No!" 

"But you don't love it."

"I liked your hair before." 

"I need some air." She said dramatically and we both burst into laughter. This whole conversation exaggerated and more comical because we were both drunk and hopped up on the sugar in the jungle juice. 

"Where are you sluts going?" A random stranger commented when we walked through the entrance to the patio. 

"Your mom's house," I responded without even looking at him. Lexi nearly peed her pants. 

"Oh my god Lydia that was so good. The old you would have cried and punched someone."

"The old me hadn't lived in New York. I could step out in a barney costume and someone would still cat call me." I had gotten used to men being pigs, you had to grow a thick skin or you wouldn't last very long. 

"Barney's thick." 

At that we laughed harder. Found a bench to sit on and just laughed. The alcohol was making everything so much funnier. Why did I barely drink? This was awesome.