Chapter 24

Happy Reading :)

Dead silence from the boys. Then.

"Maronne."
"Madre mio."
"Mio Dio."
"Lydia Isabella Tonelli, are you crazy?"

"Oh calm down. We're just roommates. We're friends. I have my own room and everything."

"Lydia." Melvin pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Our sisters a harlot," Marcus said and hugged Melvin, shaking his shoulders. I almost laughed, the boys were buzzed and this wasn't as scary as it would have been if this were a few years ago.

"Marcus you basically live at Leah's so shut up."

"Thank you, Joey!" I said.

"Lydia, is this a cry for help? You can always live at home you know that," Joey said.

"I take back my thank you."

"You have your own room?" Melvin narrowed his eyes, not believing a word.

"I swear!"

"Show us then," Marcus snapped.

"Fine!" I regretted it as soon as I said it.

Let them into my space? That I shared with Anthony? Somehow that just felt too intimate.

"What about tomorrow? When you're sober, and it's not midnight," I stammered.

"Buying time?" Melvin accused. All three boys looked absolutely sick at the thought of me in an apartment with a man.

I laughed, "What can I do for you to believe me?"

"Come out with us." Marcus put a firm hand on my shoulder.

I looked at all three boys. The original younger sibling crew. I saw the hopeful look in their eyes and I felt my resolve to stay in tonight melting.

"For old time's sake," Melvin looked at me with such pleading eyes I almost got emotional.

"Okay, fine."

"Go change first, I don't want to have to fight anyone tonight," Marcus said gruffly.

"Just like old times," I rolled my eyes and dragged the boys out. I wouldn't be changing for anyone anymore.

An hour later

"There'sss no reason that bartenner should have kicked us out," Marcus slurred.

"You punched someone!" I yelled.

"Lydia keep your mouth down you're gonna wake Mom and Dad," Joey's eyes were closed as we dragged him out of the establishment that had kindly asked us to leave before the cops were called.

"He wass looking at you ffunny."

"Do you see what I look like? I'm fucking hot, guys are going to stare," I was so drunk I no longer had a filter, every thought passing through my brain had it's chance to shine.

"Oh god Lydia, that's exactly what a brother loves to hear," Melvin grimaced.

"I'm sorry, did you think only the male Tonelli's in this family were hot?"

"Sstop," Marcus covered his ears.

"Do you know how many ttips I get at worrk? I single handedly paid my rent in tips once." I smiled smugly.

"I need that job," Joey mumbled.

"Work at chippendales," Melvin patted Joey on the back.

"I ddon't work at a ssstrip club!"