Chapter 65

Harry's P.O.V

My breathing stopped when I saw her. Her hands were covered in mehndi, just like she said it would be. She had a piece of gold jewellery pinned to her white hijab, it rested on her forehead. She had bangles in her hands, covering what small chance of her wrist being seen by the sleeves length (it's full sleeves unlike in the pic above). I saw a gold necklace peeking out from under her hijab.

She was wearing a skirt like Pooja was, but it was white in colour. Gold patterns were covering her skirt and her top. She had it's scarf worn over her head covering one shoulder and leaving the other shoulder bare of it. But her face was veiled by strings of flowers.

Tears pricked my eyes slightly when I realised that this beautiful woman walking towards me was my bride. My wife, even if I couldn't see her face. Until now, I didn't realise how really lucky I was to have someone like her for a life partner.

And behind her, I saw Omar and Sara giving her back a proud smile as their parents stood behind them with their family.

The lads got up and moved to one side of the stage as I walked towards the steps, holding my hand out to her to help her up on stage.

She put her hand in mine without the slightest hesitation and I held onto it tightly without hurting her. The cloth her cousins and Pooja were holding over Tahira's head was taken off her as soon as she climbed the steps, Pooja walking up on stage behind her and took her place next to Niall who was grinning at her.

"I can't even begin to describe how beautiful you look right now." I whispered

"I could say the same." She whispered back and I grinned just as Sara and mum walked up on stage

"Sit down. Both of you." They ordered and we did as told, Sara helping Tahira sit without pulling on her scarf.

"Why is your face veiled?" I asked and she chuckled

"It's a ritual. You're supposed to be the first one to see my face, but through a reflection." She said just as Farah stepped up with a mirror in one hand and the cloth they held over Tahira in the other.

"Put this over them." Farah said handing the cloth to the boys and they did as told, Farah then gave the mirror to us.

I looked at her in the mirror just as she pushed the flowers from her face. She was smiling shyly, her lips were painted red, but a shade which went with her skin. Slightest hint of eyeliner could be seen around the eyes and her eyelid was covered in gold.

She looked even more beautiful then. Going with a natural look was the best decision she made, I knew it from the start. Because if Tahira wasn't a person who always went with a natural look, I don't know who she was.

I smiled back at her, squeezing her hand and she gave me a smile with a slight squeeze in return.

"You guys done?" Farah asked

"Yeah." I said and then the cloth was removed from over us. Farah stood behind Tahira and took off her flower veil, putting it aside and pushing up the scarf so her face could be seen to everyone.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw mum and Gemma giving out a smile towards her, my family looked completely shocked at how beautiful my bride looked.

"Here's your ring, Harry." Mum said handing me Tahira's wedding ring and I took it from her, placing it Tahira's middle finger of the right hand. Sara handed my ring to Tahira who did the same.

"Uh, where are my shoes?" I asked when I climbed down the stage. We were about to leave for the reception and my shoes were missing. Just great. Tahira was trying to hold in her laugh and I gave her a curious look "You know where it is?" I asked and she shook her head