1-Meeting the boss

First chapter is always the hardest to write, once the story gets going Its easy 😊 Please comment, vote, I'm always open for suggestions!

Alexis POV:

I was hired at LM Enterprises a month ago today, in that month I have never met my boss, I took over as his personal assistant when his previous one just up and quit without warning while he was in France on business. When I walked in for my interview they hired me right on the spot.

I was thrown into the position that very same day and had to learn and organize his schedules right away before he found out his other assistant had up and quit. From what I was told, he is very intimidating, a perfectionist, and hates it if you're even a minute late.

As I walk in the elevator and press the button to go up to the 18th floor, the doors were closing when someone shoved a briefcase in to stop the doors from closing. The doors open and a tall, dark haired man in a nice suit walks in. He stood there with a straight look on his face, he went to push a button and pulled his hand back when he seen his level was already lit.

We get to the 18th floor and the doors open. He walks out and I follow behind. As I'm getting closer to my desk I look at everyone's faces as they looked scared. It went from being a little noisy to super quiet in the room.

I notice everyone looking at me scared as I sit down at my desk. Just as I sat the phone rang " Good Morning LM Enterprises how may I help you?" I answered. While I was on the phone, the man I was in the elevator with walked by going into the office next to me. Just as he was going to walk in his office he took a step back stopped in front of me and glared at me with a confused look.

I looked up at him nervously while writing down the clients information. He then pointed to me and then to his office. My stomach sank and I could feel myself getting shakey.

I stood up after hanging up the phone, I looked over at Sandy who had hired me, she was giving me crossed fingers with a scared expression on her face.

I knocked lightly on the door. "Come In." I hear him say.

I walk in and he's sitting at his desk going through paperwork. He looks up at me "Please sit." As he waves his arm to the chair in front of his desk. I slowly walk to the chair and sit. My heart starts pounding when I see he's got an angry look on his face.

He leans back in his chair still staring at me. "You're not Ms. Adams." He says in a stern voice. "No, my name is Alexis." I say to him quietly and nervously.

"Where is Ms. Adams?" He demands.

"From my understanding she quit." I say as I fidget with my fingers.

"And when was this?

"I-I'm not sure, I have been here a month now.

"A month?" He yells, scaring me. He stands up walking around his desk and my heart is really pounding now, he opens his door "Sandy, In my office now!" He yells before shutting the door.

Sandy walks in and sits in a chair next to me. He sits back down in front of us and folds his hands resting them in the desk, looking at us both.

"Mr. Matthews, Alexis here is our new hire, I'm guessing you called me in here wondering what is going on."

He looks over at her "Care to explain?"

"When you left for France, Ms. Adams up and quit. We hired Alexis, er... Ms. Miller right away so you wouldn't miss any appointments while you were there." His eyes narrow "I see." He says.

"You may leave now." He says. Sandy and I both stand up to leave "Not you Ms. Miller, you stay." I sit back down and watch Sandy leave.

"For not knowing what you're doing, my trip in France went smoothly. Did she explain to you what all your duties are here?" He asks as he stands up walking around his desk and halfway sitting on his desk in front of me.