28-Confession

The next day Levi was dragging his ass all day, you could tell he was hanging pretty bad. All day I kept wondering what he meant about what he had said about a confession to make. It was making me nervous but wasn't sure if I should ask him yet or wait to see if he would come out and tell me.

After work he took me out for dinner at a fine restaurant in Chicago. He had reserved a spot in the private dining area, and the ambiance was just beautiful. I look at the menu and was wowed by the prices. "You need to quit spending money like this on food, it's too much." I say quietly leaning towards him.

"The prices aren't that bad, and the food here is excellent, as long as you're with me you'll get the best of everything from me." He says quietly with a handsome grin, making me melt. He knows how to do it everytime.

The waiter asks to take our order, I decided on the chicken and sausage. He then suggested some wine with the meal, to which Levi commented on how I was pregnant and that there would be no wine at the table. "My apologies." The waiter says. "You didn't know." Levi says with a smile.

He takes me hand holding it tight and just sat there smiling at me. "How's your hangover today?" I asked taking my thumb and rubbing the top of his hand.

"Better now. It was pretty bad earlier, how did you let me drink like that?" I chuckled at him. "You were having fun, it was actually pretty funny to see you like that, you were all smiles. I couldn't take that away from you."

I took a deep breath and sighed still thinking about his words last night. I was just going to ask him what he had meant by that, and they came with our food. I laid my napkin across my lap and stared at the food. It looked and smelled amazing.

"Something wrong?" He asks as I stare at the food.

"No... looks and smells good, but thought I was going to get sick for a moment." Grabbing my fork and knife I take a few bites before excusing myself. Hurrying myself to the bathroom, I made it in there luckily, it was coming fast, and would have been extremely embarrassing.

"The fun begins now." I mumble to myself running cold water and splashing the back of my neck. I rinsed my mouth out and headed back to sit down.

Levi looks at me worried as I sit back down at the table, "Are you going to be OK?" He asks as I take a drink of my water. I shook my head, "I'll be fine." The rest of the meal I remained quiet, and thinking that Levi was awfully quiet as well.

We headed home and I started to fidget which Levi noticed right away, by placing his hand on mine. "Something is wrong, or on your mind. What is it?" He asked concerned trying to look at me. I looked out the passenger window and back over to him. "Why do you say that?"

"Everytime you get nervous about something, or want to say something, you start fidgeting. So I know there's something going on in that pretty little mind of yours, what is it?"

"Last night you said something to me, and I have been trying to figure out all day what you meant by it."

"What did I say?" He asks worried.

"You don't remember?"

"No... it wasn't bad was it?" He says looking over at me again, placing his hand on my thigh using his thumb to rub.

"No, but you said you had a confession to make and then you passed out. What did you mean by that?"

"Hmm." He says taking his hand off my thigh running his hand through his hair. He stayed quiet until we pulled in his driveway. "Sorry about last night. I was out of line, I shouldn't have gotten like that."

He gets out of the car and helps me out. He pulls me in for a kiss, and gives me a hug. "Hope you enjoyed dinner, even though you got sick for a moment."