24-She said..

"Alexis, Will you marry me?"

Alexis POV:

I stare at the ring not knowing what to say. I cover my mouth in shock, so many emotions ran through me. I look up at Levi who is smiling from ear to ear, and I look back down at the ring. It's huge and sparkly, this is definitely not what I was expecting at all.

"WOW, it's beautiful Levi." I said softly barely getting the words out. My heart pounding so hard I feel like I could faint.

"Please say yes." Levi says nervously. "You have stolen my heart...." He pauses looking at my eyes.

"Isn't this all a little too fast?" I ask looking back down staring at the ring, I look up at Levi, and could see the fear of rejection in his eyes. "I mean, everything has been happening so fast... don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying everything, you're amazing, you have made me feel things that I have never felt before, you have also shown me more than what anyone else has."

"I know it seems fast, It's just that I can feel it with us, there is a connection between us that I have never felt with anyone. I just hate when we're apart, I miss you near me, I just want you by my side all the time. I love your spunk and your feistiness, do you remember when I asked you where you're from and your answer was your parents? I actually wanted to laugh at that remark, but it got me frustrated that someone smarted off to me like that, all in all, I actually enjoyed it. You talking back at me got me to want to try harder with you, you're someone that I need and want in my life, you make me realize things that I never have before."

"I remember." I whisper and let out a soft laugh.

The gondolier stood behind me smiling at Levi "Say yes to the man." He says making me chuckle a little.

"I have to admit, I cannot believe I said that to you, but you had me frustrated. I wanted to go home and eat and you brought me out to eat, then to top it off you ordered my meal for me when I had only wanted a salad, I was so pissed at you."

"The food was pretty good wasn't it?"

"It was.." I smile.

"I wanted you to taste what real Italian food was, instead of just a salad." He says quietly.

I look up at the sky taking a deep breath, "The sunset really is beautiful isn't it?"

"It is.." He groans in disappointment.

He starts to put the ring box back in his pocket looking hurt. "Wait.." I say to him stopping his hand with my hand.