Chapter 29: A bad mood.

CASSIES POV

‘How long has it been?’ I look up to Mum, her eyes half closed.

‘2 hours’ she mumbles, resting her head upon the brick wall. I move beside her and press my back against the wall, feeling it’s coldness shoot through my thin check shirt.

‘We could be waiting for nothing’ She says, after a few minutes of silence.

‘What do you mean? There’s Taylor?’ I reply back, my gaze moves to Louis and the boys, nearer to the opening of the alleyway and smiling at a joke one of them probably told.

‘I know, of course there’s Taylor, but what if inside there, there’s more?’

‘I still don’t know what you mean..’ I sigh, cracking my neck and rolling my shoulders back, I was aching from walking, staying in one position, and lack of sleep.

‘I don’t know, why did Dan’s father carry on driving when he hit-‘ Mum pauses, a few tears escape her eyes. My stomach turns and I wrap my arms around her, comforting her. She sniffles into my shoulder.

‘It happens Mum, they are too ashamed to come forward and admit it so they run away from everything, he’s a coward’ I mutter, pulling away and running a hand through my hair.

‘You take after him so much, you and your brother.’ She says, managing a small weak smile.

‘Where is he anyway? I haven’t seen him since.. since I broke up with Dan’ I count the days in my head, it hadn’t been that long but still it felt it.

‘He’s still in America on the trip with his class, they’re due back in December’ She says, her face falling a little.

‘It will go quickly, like all of this’ I sigh.

‘I hope’ Mum replies, blinking away her last tears.

LOUIS POV

‘You should probably go and see Cass,’ Niall says, slapping his hand against my back, waking me up a little. I run a hand through my dirty hair and sigh.

‘Sure’ I reply simply, wiping sleep out of my eyes before starting to walk away. Harry stops me.

‘What’s up with you?’ He asks, frowning.

‘Nothing, I’m just tired, and stressed for Cassie’ I chew the inside of my lip. Harry looks up at me unconvincingly.

‘Right, okay, well it will be over soon, everything will be back to normal’ Harry reveals a small smile, not showing his teeth before walking away.

Everything will be back to normal. The words whirl around my head. I’d lost count how many times I’d heard those words,and still, over every bump in the road, there was still some other drama waiting.

I walk up to Cassie and her Mum, and smile.

‘Any news?’ I ask, Ellen shakes her head and Cassie’s eyes remain fixed to the guards standing outside the door. I stand in front of her and block her view, placing my hands on her shoulders.

‘Hey? Cass?’ She blinks suddenly and looks up at me, her green cat eyes looking innocent and lost.

‘Yes, sorry, hey’ She says, blinking again and smiling. Before anything more was said, a tap on the shoulder makes me turn around. The same policeman who invited the boys here was standing before me.

‘We haven’t much news I’m afraid, I’ve been told that you can stay, but were not so sure how long it could be, so you are free to leave anytime, or stay, if you wish’ He says, Ellen stands up straight and sighs.