83.

Although the family was finally together again, it didn't stop Adelaide from waking up at her normal time in the middle of the night. Her cries woke Christian up immediately and he was quick to get out of bed. "I got her," He said quietly to his wife as he kissed the side of her head before walking in by his little baby girl, who seemed visibly upset.

"Hey, what's all the noise for?" Christian whispered to Adelaide before picking her up and cradling her in his arms. "Why are you crying, princess?" 

Her cries instantly subsided when she saw it was her dad who was holding her. She became a little squirmy, but just showing excitement as she hadn't seen her dad in a couple of weeks. 

"You just wanted to be held, huh? Did you miss your daddy?" He whispered, kissing her forehead gently. He couldn't help but smile. "You need to sleep, Addy.." Christian said quietly before moving to put her back in her crib. 

Not a good idea.

Instantly, she started crying again, almost screeching. Christian picked her up again, "Maybe not, alright." He said as he cradled her in his arms again. "Do you need your diaper changed, babygirl?" He asked his now calm daughter as he checked to make sure she didn't need a diaper change. Just wanted to be held by her dad.

Christian settled himself into the rocking chair that sat in Adelaide's room and rested her against his chest as he hummed quietly to the little girl, hoping it would make her fall asleep. It wasn't long before he fell asleep as well, holding his angel close to him.

***

Sawyer walked in Adelaide's room the next morning and giggled before running into the master bedroom. "Mommy, Daddy sweep with Addy.." 

Viviana looked confused, "Huh?" She got up, putting her robe on and walked behind Sawyer into Adelaide's room where she found Christian sleeping in the rocking chair, still holding Adelaide against his chest. "Oh, goodness.." She said quietly, taking Adelaide from Christian's arms. "You okay, sweetheart?" She kissed her daughter's head and laid her on her changing table to get her diaper changed.

Christian stirred awake and almost panicked; He thought he had dropped Adelaide. Once he saw Viviana, he just held his chest, "You scared the shit out of me...I thought she fell or something.." 

"Sawyer came in our room telling me you were sleeping in here and I was confused as to what he was talking about.." Viviana said as she finished changing Adelaide and held her in her arms again. "Was everything okay last night?"

He nodded, "She just wanted to see her daddy and be held, I guess. I would try and lay her back down and she would just screech. So, I sat in the rocking chair and was just going to sit there until she fell asleep but I guess I fell asleep as well," Christian chuckled, "Sorry."

Viviana shook her head, "No need to be sorry. Wanna come help me make some breakfast and get some lunches made for these kiddos?" Christian smiled at his wife and walked with her and the two kids downstairs. These are the mornings he missed.

"Daddy, I go wiff you to game today?" Sawyer asked as he munched on his pancakes at the table.

"I don't know, buddy. That's up to your mommy!" Christian looked over at Viviana who was cleaning up the counter. 

Viviana smiled, "I'm fine with him going. He knows to behave and be a good boy," She replied as she walked over to sit at the table. "I'm gonna stay home with the girls.."

Christian frowned, "I would appreciate if all of you were there, though. You know how much it means to me."

"I do, but, I don't think I want to bring Adelaide into big crowds yet. I know it was around this time with Eiley and Sawyer, but I don't know. Something is just different about the third kid." Viviana shrugged, "But I promise we'll have it on TV and we'll be cheering you on."