Chapter Nine

•———————•
Chapter 9:
Police.
•———————•

Aoi's POV:

I really did want to go out with Yuzu, it's a shame I couldn't due to Akoya. It's weird, lately Akoya has been quite over protective of me, maybe because she wants to protect me like a sister. I've always loved her- as a sister, of course. She's always been there through everything, she's always the one to comfort me so, in return, I should comfort her back.

"Sorry if I ruined your date with Yuzu, it's just- a lot has been going on in my house, father's going mad and mother joins him. I j-just feel s-so a-alone." She stuttered.

"It's okay, I'm here with you, don't worry. Wait, let me check who's calling me, okay? Don't miss me too much." I told her before I went to pick up the phone. She nodded in response.

Akoya's POV:

Aoi left me to speak on the phone. He went to the café room to talk. I think he was talking to Inspector Yuno. He came back and pushed me to the wall. My heart skipped a beat. What was going on?

"You know, you're such a smart girl~" Aoi whispered into my ear.

"Aww, thanks for the compliment, I really di-" I was cut off my Aoi's question.

"But did you think you could outsmart the police?" He stared at me in the eye, making me feel nervous.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered as the words were struggling to get out my throat.

"Kashuu was found dead on the beach." He looked at me with a straight face.

"S-seriously? I-I can't believe it..." I started to cry. His brother died...

"Where is he?" He slammed his hand onto the wall, making me shiver in fear.

Barely able to get the words out of my mouth, I stuttered "W-why are you asking me? Y-you said he's dead"

"Do you think I'm dumb? He told me about how obsessive you were about me and that one time you saw him, you said you would kidnap him if he told me again. You made your parents place a fake body there and have me with you as your albi. Then you would force me to have a relationship with you to have him back." He stated while giving me an intense glare.

I laughed ridiculously loud. Just who does he think he is confronting me. I asked him "That doesn't even sound like you, who said that?"

"A true best friend who I actually like named Yuzu!" He replied, full of confidence.

"That woman! Always in my way of having you. I've struggled all these years to make you love me and in one strike, she managed to gain all your attention! I should of killed her beforehand! But I won't make that mistake. If I can't have you, NO ONE CAN!" I shout at him and grabbed a knife, ready to stab him.

"Police, ARREST HER." I heard a voice say before I was taken away.