Chapter Twenty (Season 1 Finale)

•——————•
Chapter 20:
Something.
•——————•

Well, let the performance begin!

"Hello dear. How are you? I see you've finally made it to our standards." My mother started.

"Hello Mother, I'm good." I replied politely.

"And you are?" My father pointed at Yuno.

"I'm Yuzu's husband, sorry for not introducing myself..." Aoi started coughing in the background, making my parents a bit suspicious.

"I'm glad you got married to her. She always said about how she isn't going to get married. You seem like a good man. What's your job?" My father looked interested in Yuno.

"I work as a Senior Inspector." Yuno replied.

"Makes sense. You look like a inspector. Anyways, we'll be leaving." My parents started to leave the café.

"You're leaving so soon?" I looked at them, confused.

"You clearly look uncomfortable in our presence." My father responded.

"Well then, goodbye." I bitterly said.

"Goodbye." Then they both left the café.

Shocked, Nanami said "Well, that was quick..."

"Agreed. I was expecting it to be a little bit longer" Yuno looked at me, surprise.

"I'm thankful it was short. I didn't want Yuno to-" Yuno started to speak over him, making him annoyed.

"Yuzu, do you want to go to a fancy restaurant? We are kinda wearing the clothes that's perfect for it." Yuno looked at Aoi, smirking.

"Yuzu, say no." Aoi demanded.

"Why not?" Yuzu asked.

"I want to go out with you!" Aoi pouted, putting me in a tough decision.

"Sure! Well, if you pay for it..." I looked at them both.

"You just don't want to pay anymore..." Yuno looked at me, realising my truth.

"Pretty much. Whoever takes me first gets to go with me!" I shouted.

Yuno quickly grabbed my hand and walked off with me. I could hear Aoi angrily shouting and chasing after us. He must be jealous. I do feel sad for him at times.

We then headed off to the nearest fancy restaurant. I felt so cool. We looked like the hottest celebrity couple that recently came out with their relationship. Lots of people kept murmuring around us, saying how cute we look. For once, I agreed with them.

I always questioned my feelings for Yuno. He's sometimes the sweetest thing ever and sometimes he's straight up annoying. I can't tell whether I like him or not. He makes it so tough to like him. Maybe that's why people haven't been with him. It's hard to fall for him because when you do, you basically have no option but him. He basically makes it so hard to like anyone else. Stingy guy.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Yuno asked me.

"Something yummy!" All of the dishes on the menu seemed so yummy.

"Like what?" His eyes still glued to the menu.

Hoping that I could possibly get more food, I said "How am I supposed to know? We need a good selection of food!"

"Who do you love more, me or Aoi?" He asked, still looking at the menu.

Ignoring him, I asked "What are you ordering?"

"I guess it's Aoi. I'll be leaving then..." He was about to leave when I grabbed his hand.

Knowing that this was the right time to say it, I started "Wait. I have something to say to you."