Season 2 - Chapter Six

•——————•
Chapter 6:
Rejected.
•——————•

Even though we sat away from each other, we still kept talking to each other. Whether it was signals to writing messages, we would still try to have some sort of conversation with each other, even if it meant one of us would get in trouble. But we enjoyed that.

I remember the day vividly. The memories come so easy to my mind. It's like it was so recent. Crazy to think it was 10 years ago. I probably would have forgotten it.

But I didn't forget.

I didn't forget the pain she caused. To all of us. The four of us that have beared the pain from her. We don't want much. We don't want a brutal revenge causing death. We just want realisation.

That day I came to school, heavy-hearted. I didn't want to go to school but I had no choice. My mother was in hospital. Her condition was getting worse by the hour. It made me feel heartbroken every time an hour would pass. I didn't even want to talk to anyone.

Except her.

I knew she would understand me. In fact, even my mother knew. She gave me a bracelet in order to commemorate our friendship. I remember being so excited to give it to her.

But I knew eventually it would happen.

As the years went by, Yuzu was becoming more and more popular for her looks and her smartness. She started to overshadow her friends. Make others lose their friendship. Reject others. I started to think that the Yuzu I used to know was now starting to change. But not in a good way. She was going to become someone bad.

And I was afraid of that.

That day, we talked less than usual, which was very unusual. I was waiting for her at lunch. Yuzu always took her time when it came to packing her stuff. It usually takes her around 10 minutes to finish. But, that day, it took longer. She came out with Nanami, who looked really upset. I think they had some sort of argument. I went to comfort Nanami which led to me getting shouted at by Yuzu. What has gone on with her?

She walked away from us, making me confused. Usually, she would walk with us. We decided to follow after her. She went straight to the rooftop. We hid behind the cans to see what was going on.

"I changed for you, why won't you like me back?" Yuzu cried.

"I just can't." The boy replied.

"BUT WHY? I LOVED YOU WITH ALL MY HEART! IT MUST BE BECAUSE OF THOSE STUPID FRIENDS I HAVE!" She shouted. He nodded in response.

"I leave them if I need to. I just want to be with you. I won't even tell them." She spoke with a soft voice.

My heart broke into a million pieces. She left us for this guy. I don't blame her. The guy was one of the most nicest and most popular guys in our school. But, at least, be nice to us. At least, tell us. The fact she wasn't going to tell us hurt me even more. I stood up from our hiding place. She could see me from where she was. She looked at me blankly. I dropped the bracelet on the floor and ran away.

As far as I could. Untill I could no longer feel the pain anymore...

Darkness.