Chapter Twenty-Six

My head was pounding. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to beat right out of my chest. My vision was foggy and I had no idea where I was. I heard the faint mumbled of voices behind me. Wherever I was it was freezing. My face felt a bit numb as if I had just been beaten. My arms and every other inch of body ached as I tried to roll around. I found that my hands had been tied behind my back and my legs were tied together as well.

“Have you awoken yet?” I heard the familiar sound.

The sound was so familiar it almost sounded caring and loving but I knew that it wasn’t. It was voice that I dreaded hearing since the last day I saw her. It was my mother. I tried opening my eyes to look at her but my vision was a little foggy. Her silhouette looked just like her though, maybe a little more menacing.  

“Aww baby are you okay?” she asked her motherly voice.

“M-mom, what are you doing?” I asked barely able to get my voice above a whisper.

I heard her chuckle, “I told you this was not over. You took the one thing I cared most about in this world away from me, so I’m going to take your life.”

My eyes started to fill with tears. I couldn’t help the ones that had started to escape.

“Why? I didn’t do it. It was a boating accident. I was ten years old! I hate myself everyday for leaving him alone!” The tears started to fall faster and they wouldn’t stop from coming.

“You still don’t understand. Your brother was unhappy because of YOU! If you were never born he would have never killed himself!” She shouted at me

My brother was the happiest guy that I knew. There is no way he would ever kill himself because of me. He would never kill himself in general.

“If he was unhappy it was probably because he had you as a mother! You’re awful!” I couldn’t help the words that were coming out of my mouth at the moment.

“I became awful after you killed my baby boy.” I could hear the tears in her voice.

She was a sick person if she made this up. This was ridiculous, his death wasn’t my fault.

“He went to bed crying after you’d beat him. I know this because he would talk to me about it. You were and will always be a terrible human being and I hope you die for the sins you committed towards your children!”

The next thing I knew a sharp sting coursed through my entire body. It was cold and I couldn’t feel anything but the pain in my stomach. She stabbed me. My own mother. She took it too far. I was going to die.

I could feel myself going in and out of consciousness. The last thing I saw before it went black was my brother. He was telling me to hang in there that everything would get better. I was going to be okay. It wasn’t my time. He said that he’d see me about 80 years. A single tear slid down my cheek and then everything went dark.

_______________________________________________

YAYAYAYAY another update in one day? WHAAAAAA. I felt like y'all needed something else since the chapter before this was short and this was a short chapter as well. I know there isn't much to it but I feel like if I went too far with it then it'd be bad. 

ANYWAYS! I hope y'all enjoyed it. VOTE COMMENT! Also let me know what kind of story y'all would like to hear from me next! As well as if you guys want a POV from Cynthia Montgommery or Asher or maybe even both! OH I know Liam hasn't really been in the story lately but I promise he will be soon. I just feel like his character is irrelevant to Kendall now because of Asher and all. Anyways let me know how you liked it! 

Nikki xx