Chapter Thirty-One

Guys I am soooo sorry! I just realized its literally been two months since I updated! But no worries the wait is over here is the updated story! Sorry if its not long enough, I'm going through writers block. Well enjoy guys! Vote/comment! The story only has nine chapters left!!!!!! 

___________________________________________________________________________

As we were driving to my house the car was silent. The only noise between us was the country music playing on the radio. The only thing that was on my mind was Asher. The few days that we spent together made an impression on me. He stole my heart without me even knowing. Since I was kidnapped he was the only person who was on my mind.

“Who’s the guy?” Mitchell asked me pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at him with a confused look on my face. Did he know I was thinking about Asher? I don’t recall telling him about Asher.

“The guy sitting outside your house?” he questioned.

I looked up to where he was pointing and I saw Asher standing outside my house. He was on the phone with someone and he had a worried look on his face. My heart stopped as soon as I saw him. He looked just as gorgeous as I remembered. His deep blue eyes looked as though he was in pain and he ran a hand through his messy blond hair. I wanted nothing more than to run up to him and hold him in my arms and never let go of him.

“You gonna answer my question?” Mitchell asked.

I had completely forgotten that I was in the car with my brother. I turned at looked at him. He had his eyebrow raised and was giving me a questioning look.

“He’s one of the only friends that I have here.” I said looking down at my hands, “He’s been there for me through everything that mom put me through after she was locked away and we moved here.”

“Well he sounds like someone special, hold on to him.” Mitchell said as he pulled to a stop on the curb outside my house.

“Well here’s the moment of truth.” I said as my brother stepped out of the car.

It took me a second to get out of the car but as I looked up at my brother I realized he had more of a reason to be scared than I did. So I opened the car and stepped out onto the freshly cut grass. As soon as I closed the door behind me Asher looked up at me. The sadness in his eyes had disappeared from his eyes and was replaced with something I have never seen before.

“Kendall!” he shouted as he dropped his phone and ran towards me.

I didn’t realize it but I had taken off towards him as well. As soon as we reached each other his arms immediately wrapped around my waist and lifted me off the ground. He spun me around for a second before setting me back on the ground and crashing his lips to mine.

As soon as his lips touched mine a sensational feeling took over my body. His lips were warm and sent tingles throughout my body. A smile spread across my face as our lips moved against each other. In this moment I had forgotten all of the terrible things that had happened to me over the past four days. All that mattered in this moment was that I was here with him and this was perfect.

“Uh-hmm.” I pulled away from the kiss to see Mitchell awkwardly standing there.

“Oh shit, sorry.” I said as I let go of Asher.

“Who is this?” Asher questioned.

I didn’t even know where to begin. How do I tell him that my brother whom we all assumed was dead was actually alive? How do I tell him about how my mother was a psychopath and had my brother kidnapped and pretended that he was dead? My life is literally screwed up.

“This is my brother, Mitchell.” The look on Asher’s face looked as though he was going to throw up. I don’t believe that he believes me.

I was getting ready to say something to make that look on his face disappear. I wanted his confused look to go away. As soon as I opened my mouth the front door opened and my father came running out.

“Kendall oh thank god!” he yelled as he ran to me and wrapped me up in a hug.

“Dad I’ll explain everything later.” I said as I pulled away from his hug.

He looked as though he had been crying. My heart ached in that moment for my father and I wanted nothing more than to hurt my mother. My dad opened his mouth to say something when he saw Mitchell. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look so confused, happy and hurt all at the same time.

“Hey dad…” Mitchell said with a sad expression on his face.