Chapter Seven

Two hours later and we had finished packing my closet. I looked around at my almost empty bedroom. I made so many memories in here with Melissa and even a few boys. That reminded me, Damon had no idea that I was moving. I wonder how upset he would be.

“Melissa, Damon doesn’t know I’m moving.” I plopped down on my bed and looked at her.

Damon was my sort of boyfriend. Well he wasn’t really my boyfriend but we had a thing going on for the past three years and we’ve never been with anybody else so I guess you could say we were dating.

“Damn it! Ken why didn’t you tell him when you found out?” she knew how upset he was going to be.

I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, “Because I only found out two weeks ago! I was trying to figure this entire thing out myself before I told him. You only knew because you live right next door and saw the ‘sold’ sign go up.”

All Melissa did was hand me phone and walk out of my now almost empty bedroom. I unlocked my phone and dialed his number.

It rang about three times before he answered, “Hey baby doll what’s up?”

I fought back the tears that were trying to fall, “Can we talk? In person, in about 30 minutes?”

“Uhm, Ken are you alright?”

“Oh yeah, yeah I’m perfect! I just have some news that I’d rather tell you in person.” Going with the lies was never a good choice when it came to talking to Damon.

“I’ll be over in about ten minutes.” Shit, he was going to find out before I could tell him.

“No, I can come to you. I’ll be there in ten.” I said getting off my bed and walking towards the door.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive hun, I’m on my way.” I said walking down the stairs and grabbing my keys.

I hung up the phone before he could protest.

“Hey dad I’m going over to Damon’s for a few, I’ll be back soon!” I called into the living.

In response he just mumbled something. I took that as an okay and grabbed my shoes and hoped in my Chevy. Turning on my car I turned the radio on to the country station and headed down the street.

The first song that came on the station was Please Remember Me by Tim McGraw. I couldn’t help the tears that had started to roll down my face. This song pulled at my heart strings. I was afraid that Cade and Damon even Melissa would forget about me. I hoped to god that they would always remember me.

As the song ended I was halfway to Damon’s house. I wiped the tears from my eyes and changed the station. The next song I listened to was I Feel like Dancing Tonight by All Time Low. The song made me stop thinking about moving and what was going to happen when I was gone.

I was pulling into Damon’s driveway as the song ended. He was waiting for me on his front porch. How sweet, I thought to myself. I smiled as I turned my car off and hoped out. He looked even more gorgeous sitting there. The dim lighting lit up his cheekbones and his dark brown hair.

My smile went away as I got to the porch. I could see his face clearly now. He looked worried and his deep blue eyes were filling with tears.

“Damon,” I sat down next to him “are you okay?”

He looked at me like he was gonna smack me, “Are you seriously asking me that question?”

I nodded, “Why are you so upset?”

He stood up from the bench, “If you’re going to break up with me do it already.”

“Damon, I’m moving.” I said looking down at my hands. I didn’t want to see his face.

“What? When? Where?” I could tell he was a little more relieved but he was still upset.

I looked up at him, “I don’t know where I’m moving to, my father won’t tell me. However, I am leaving first thing tomorrow morning.”

Now Damon just looked furious, “How long have did you know that you were moving?”

He seemed to be more disappointed in the fact that I didn’t tell him that I was moving rather than the fact that I was moving.

Taking a breath I looked at him, “I’ve known for two weeks but nobody knows. Well nobody besides Melissa and her family but only because they saw the sold sign go up. I got so wrapped up in my mothers’ trial that I completely forgot to tell you. For that I am so sorry and I wish you would forgive me.”

He looked at me in disbelief. I really wished that he would believe me. God he looked gorgeous leaning up against the wall to the house. His muscles bulging out of his white tee shirt, if I weren’t moving I would totally rip it off and do him right now.

He cleared his throat, which brought me out of my thoughts before he spoke the words that I never imagined he would say.

“Well then I guess it’s time for us to go our separate ways.” I was more confused than anything.

I thought he would be more heartbroken than this. I knew I was beyond upset. I never wanted to leave him. I used to dream that we would end up getting married and having about three children.

I fought back the urge to start crying, “Yo-you don’t even want to talk about this?”

He shrugged, “What’s there to talk about?”

Those words and that was it, I started crying. “I guess we don’t have anything left to discuss.” I choked out those words.

I stood up and started walking towards my Chevy, “I guess I’ll see you when I see you. Good knowing you.”

I didn’t mean those words at all. I just wanted to jump into his arms and stay there until I had to leave.

“Oh hey by the way,” I turned around when he spoke, “I regret what happened between us.”

I walked straight up to him and slapped him; tears were streaming from my face this time. How dare he tell me that he regretted the past three years we spent together? What a fucking asshole, I cannot believe I wasted three years on him. I sprinted towards my truck and once it was on I sped out of his neighborhood and out of his life forever. I didn’t bother to look back cause I knew it would hurt even more than it already does.

I drove home in tears, his words would forever haunt me.