Chapter One

So this chapter is mainly a filler about what is going to happen. I promise that the next chapter will be WAY more exciting than this one. 

Vote, Comment tell your friends (: 

(sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes) 

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was changing the bandages around my ribs. They still weren’t completely healed but they were getting there. It had been about a month since my mother was violently beating me. My arm was almost healed; the doctors said that I could get the cast taken off in about a week. As for my ribs my doctor said they were just bruised and would be healed in a few weeks.

I grabbed a white button up shirt from my bed and put it on once my bandages were changed. After it was buttoned and tucked into my pants, I threw on the grey blazer that went with my grey pants. I never thought that I would have the need to ever wear a pantsuit but in this case I needed to look professional, according to my father.

Speak of the devil, my father opened my door and looked at me with a smile on his face.

I turned to face him; he was wearing an all black suit with a deep purple tie. My father did look handsome all guised up like that.

“Dad please remind me why I have to do this?” I asked leaning down and putting on my black heels.

Sighing he walked over and sat down on my bed, “You know why. You have to give your statement to the jury; it will put your mother away for a long time.”

It was the day of my mother’s hearing. I was told that I needed to make a statement, seeing as how I was the only one that she had abused. She never dared leave a hand on my brother, she loved him more than life itself but she absolutely hated me.

“I know, I just don’t know if I can face her.” I fought the tears that were forming in my eyes, “She scares me dad, more than anything. What if she gets out and comes after me?”

My dad stood up and wrapped me in his arms, “I won’t allow her to do that. She won’t ever be able to lay another hand on you, I promise.”

I was about to ask him a question when his lawyer had appeared at the door.

Tapping his watch he said, “We have to get going if we’re gonna make it on time.”

My dad dropped his arms from around me and started walking towards the bedroom door where his lawyer was standing. They had a brief conversation before my father followed him down the stairs.

I looked into my mirror, grabbing a bobby pin I took the front part of my hair and pinned it back. I had done the exact same thing with the left side of my hair. I starred at myself awhile longer before applying a small amount of mascara to my top and bottom lashes.

My father’s lawyer had told me not to put any cover up on my face so that the jury could see the remainders of the bruises left on my face.

I wasn’t an unattractive girl, I was pretty average looking. I had long auburn hair that flowed to the bottom of my ribcage. I had blue/green hazel eyes which had a speckle of light brown in them. Even with all of the abuse I think that I have a pretty good body. Its hourglass shaped and I was perfectly fit because the only way I ever escaped my mother was when I started running.

Running is my way of clearing my head and getting away from all the bad. When my mother had finished hitting me I’d sneak out and go for a run, I knew she wouldn’t approve but I had to do it in order to keep my sanity.

There was a knock on my door that pulled me away from my thoughts. When I turned towards the door, I saw my father standing there looking impatient.

“I know you don’t want to go to this but you have to, so let’s get going sweetheart.” He told me.

I nodded my head and started walking towards the door, being the klutz that I am, I tripped over one of my boxes. We were in the process of moving and I was glad about that. There were way to many horrible memories in this house.

Quickly I stood up and brushed my clothes down, “Okay let’s go!”