Chapter Seventeen

Three uploads in one day! Dayum I was feeling inspired! Haha and plus I'm sick so whatevs. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! 

comment and vote please (: 

_________________________________________________________________________

English passed by quicker than I thought it would and so did history. I was sitting in third period, biology, when the bell finally rung releasing us for lunch. God, I was so hungry I couldn’t wait to eat. When I walked out of my classroom I ran into Asher.

He looked down at me with a smirk, “Damn you missed me already?”

I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face. He was funny and pretty damn cute. I had to admit maybe he might be the one who will take my mind off of Liam and Damon.

“Ha-ha very funny. I’m starving what’s for lunch?” I asked looking up at him with a hand placed on my stomach.

“A bunch of friends and I were gonna go off campus to eat, I was coming to see if you wanted to join us?” He had this hopeful look in his eyes.

“Yeah sure!” I replied enthusiastically.

Asher draped his arm around my shoulder and we started to walk towards the parking lot. We both remained pretty quiet on the way to the parking lot. Once we were at the parking lot there were about five people standing around a white ford pick-up truck. I scoffed to myself. Chevy’s were way better than fords in every way possible.

“Hey everyone this is Kendall! She’s new to the school and you better be nice to her cause we’re now friends.” Asher said as everyone looked at him, “Maybe he more than friends soon.” He wriggled his eyebrows while looking down at me.

I playfully pushed him off of me and giggled, “You wish pretty boy.”

A round of oo’s and ah’s went around the group while I heard maybe one or two people say that they were defiantly going to like me. The group was made up of two girls and three guys, not counting Asher. They were all so gorgeous and tanned. They literally looked like gods and I had no idea why they had accepted me into their group. They were defiantly the popular ones of the school. As I scanned the group my eyes fell on Liam, he was standing his arm draped around a gorgeous blond. She was tall and her legs were tanned and well defined. You could tell that she worked out. She was as big as a twig but she had decent sized boobs and he features were flawless. I’m guessing that was his girlfriend.

I wasn’t jealous per say because I literally just met Liam and I was in a vulnerable place when he kissed me. I tend not to make the best decisions when I’m in a vulnerable state. After my brother died, I cut all my hair off and I looked like a boy. Once my mom started beating me I started to lean on Damon. He wasn’t a good influence on me one bit. I started to realize that now that I was away from him. I was always getting into trouble and he even convinced me that he loved me, so I gave him my virginity. I regretted that decision every day.

“Hi! I’m Veronica!” A short redhead ran up to me throwing her arms around me.

“Nice to meet you Veronica.” I said and hugged her back.

When she pulled away she kept me at arm’s length, “I can tell that we’re going to be the best of friends! How about this weekend we go shopping and spend the day by the beach?”

She spoke way too fast for me to keep up with. I just nodded my head and smiled. Veronica then decided she wanted to grab my phone out of my hand and put her number in it. I didn’t object because there wasn’t anything I was trying to hid on my phone.

“Veronica, give her space to breath please.” A male voice said as he walked up to me.

I smiled because I finally had breathing room but eventually that was space was gone when the gorgeous black haired guy wrapped me up in a hug. I could feel all of his muscles and boy I could tell that he worked out and boy was it paying off. He pulled back and smiled at me. He had gorgeous brown eyes and his features were well defined.

“Hey there, I’m Cameron.” He smiled before going and draping his arm around Veronica.

“So I’m guessing you two are dating?” I asked

“Nope, we’re best friends.” Cameron said with a smile across his face, “Why jealous?”

“Psh, as if.” Was all I could say and the group had burst out into laughter.

“Okay, are we gonna sit here and play introductions or are we gonna go get lunch?” Asher asked sounding kind of irritated. I hadn’t realized that his arm was still around my shoulders. I actually didn’t mind it though.

“Well I’m Luke and this is Brittany and this is-“

“That’s Liam. He’s my neighbor; I kind of rescued his dog yesterday.” I smiled wearily as I cut Luke off.

He was handsome if I do say so myself. He was a brunette and he had green eyes that seemed as if they could see into your soul.

“Well Kendall welcome to the group and welcome to Dillions Beach!” Luke said enthusiastically as everybody piled in the car.

“Kendall gets shotgun!” Asher yelled as he got into the driver’s side.

I slid into the passenger seat and buckled up, “Really a ford?” I asked him.

Asher turned around and gave me a questioning look, “I take it you don’t like trucks?”

I scoffed at him, “I love trucks but I’m more of a Chevy girl.”

He looked at me shocked as if he couldn’t believe I drove a Chevy.

“Kendall I think I might be in love with you.” He tried to hide the smile that was on his face as he put the truck in drive and headed away from the school.

“Why’s that? Is it cause I drive a Chevy?” I was a little taken back by his comment.

“Nope, its cause you drive a truck. Not many girls around here drive trucks. I’m pretty sure I can persuade you to become a Fords gal.” He wriggled his eyebrows.

“As if, born and raised a Chevy girl. No matter what, I’ll always be a Chevy girl.” I couldn’t help but laugh.

I was going to enjoy it here and put my past behind me, or so I hoped I would.