Chapter Thirty-Seven

I'm so sorry guys for the long wait on the update. I know I should be a lot better with updating. Well anyways here is the next chapter! There's not much going on in here, its just going to inform y'all on everything that's happened. Its more of a filler. Well I hope y'all like it oh and three more chapters till the book is over and then I'm going to focus on finishing The Last Goodbye so if you liked this book y'all should go check it out. It is sad but it will be a really good book, I promise :) 

okay, enjoy! 

___________________________________________________

Beeping. That’s all I could hear, this incessant beeping noise that wouldn’t go away. It felt too early for my alarm to be going off. I tried to roll over and turn it off but when I moved a sharp pain went through my entire body. What the hell happened to me? I slowly started to open my eyes but my eyelids were content with staying closed. So I laid there, with my eyes closed, listening to the beeping noise that wouldn’t go away and a pain in my body.

I sat there replaying the events from last night but every time I tried to think about what had happened after we left the police station everything went black. Suddenly a bright white light covered the darkness of my eyelids. I wanted to push the light away and pull my blanket over my head but it hurt too much to move. After a minute the light went away and I could hear people talking.

“She’s doing much better today, she should hopefully wake up soon.” The mysterious voice said.

“Thank god!” was all I heard from multiple different voices.

What are they talking about? Of course I’ll wake up soon, I just don’t feel like getting up yet. It hurts so bad to move and my eyelids are way to heavy right now. I tuned out the voices as they continued to talk. I couldn’t tell if they were talking to me or not. I felt someone’s hand on mine and I immediately tuned in to listen to him or her.

“Kendall, you’ve got to wake up. Please, please, please wake up. I can’t do this. I just got you back I’m not ready to let you go just yet. I’m so sorry for that fight that we had the other day, I was being a dick and only thinking about myself. You deserved more than that. You were and are still in a bad situation and you can’t figure out how to deal with it. Just wake up babe and we’ll deal with it together. Please don’t leave me. It should have been me that your mother shot not you. I should be where you’re laying right now.” He paused and I could have sworn that I heard him start crying, “You can’t leave me. I know we haven’t known each other for that long but Ken, I love you so much, please wake up so I can tell you this. I need you by my side.”

I wanted to cry so bad for this boy who was sitting beside me pouring his heart out. I could feel his pain and his sadness. I could feel myself crying but I don’t think that anyone else could physically see me cry. Whoever this boy was I wanted to wrap him in my arms and hold him while he cried on my shoulder. He seemed like the sweetest person in the world and I wanted to wake up just for him but I couldn’t allow myself to just yet. It hurt so bad to move. The outside world was dangerous and scary and right now I liked being held captive to sleep.

“Can I have a few moments alone with her?” another male voice said.

Before I knew it the boys soft gentle hand was replaced by a rough more muscular hand. The person whose hand this is has been through so much in his lifetime. I hoped that whatever this man was going through was nothing horrible and that his life was wonderful and full of happiness. Well doesn’t everybody wish that?

“Hey baby girl, we all miss you so much. Your brother, me and especially Asher, he hardly ever leaves your bedside. He’s a sweet kid Ken, you deserve him as much as he deserves you. I need you to come back. I can’t stand to see another one of kids die on me, even though Mitchell isn’t actually dead. The heartache that I went through when we thought he was, was painful I could barely handle it. If you die on me I won’t be able to deal Kendall. I’ll get through it sure but I won’t ever get over it. I cried every night for two years when we thought Mitchell had died. I only had him in my life for 10 years. You’ve been in my life for nearly 19 years now, I’ll cry everyday for the rest of my life if you died. Please wake up son sweetheart.” Once again this man had started crying. I could feel his body shaking from all the crying that he was doing. I wanted to cry along with him but I couldn’t. This poor man lost one child and might lose another if I didn’t wake up soon.