Chapther Thirty

Where here it is! I finally updated! At least its not a month later although it probably feels like it is. Trust me, the ending of the book will be a lot happier than most of the book. Although this chapter isn't that exciting, still it shows how Kendall feels and how scared her brother is. I hope y'all enjoy! 

ALSO! I wanted to thank y'all sooooo much for the votes and comments and reads! Abused is at the moment #741 on the teen fiction story list! Yeah that's not that exciting but if you think about how many stories are actually on this site it is pretty fantastic! Thank you all so much for the support and just being you guys and awesome! 

p.s this book will be ending in 5-10 chapters. The next book that I will be focusing on is the story that I already have up and running which is The Last Goodbye, yes the first seven chapters are sad and they even made me cry while I was writing it but I promise you that it will be a good book and it wont be sad throughout the entire story! Okay well anways thanks again! Check out the last goodbye if you wanna! 

Comment/Vote 

_________________________________________________________

I sat at the kitchen counter drinking my water, it was silent. I could not wrap my mind around what my mother had done. She hired people to kill my brother, yet they just kept him safe. It doesn’t make any sense to me at all. My mother is psychotic. I cannot believe that she would do something like this.

“What are you thinking about?” My brother asked, looking at me with his eyebrow cocked.

“I just cannot for the life of me wrap my head around what she did. It’s so wrong and I just cannot understand how someone can be that cruel.” I said slamming my fists down on the table.

Mitchell just looked at me and sighed. I take it that he has had some time to think about this and he couldn’t wrap his mind around it either.

“Ken, listen, moms a sick person. She probably was suffering from depression or she’s just fucking crazy for all I know.” He took a quick sip of his water before continuing, “All I know is that people like her should be locked up for the rest of her life, or put to death.”

My eyes went wide with shock. Did he just say our mother she be killed for her actions? Yeah what she did was horrible but she was still our mother. I would probably cry if she ever died, no matter how miserable she made our lives.

“I know what you’re thinking and you should stop thinking that.” Mitchell said.

“But I just don’t understand anything right now.” I sighed and looked down at my hands.

My hands were shaking, not out of fear but because I was just frustrated. I couldn’t understand anything that was going on. I needed to be alone, actually no, what I needed was Asher. Sure I’ve only known him for a short while but every time I’m around him, he seems to calm me down. I don’t know what it is about him but he’s special.

I let a small smile spread across my face. Just thinking about Asher gave me a warm feeling on the inside. I hadn’t thought about Asher since I was kidnapped by my mother. Which reminds me, she interrupted our date. I guess I’m just going to have to make it up to him somehow, well only if my brother ever took me home.

“When are you going to take me home? Dads probably worried sick and I saw on the news that they arrested mom.” I looked up at my brother and a worried expression crossed his face.

“If you’re worried that he won’t believe or love you, you’re dead wrong.” I looked at him with sympathy; this had to be hard for him. “Dad has cried every night on the day you were supposedly killed. He will always love you Mitch.”

“Ken, you just don’t understand.” He let out a frustrated sigh and ran his fingers through his hair, “Dad and I used to do everything together. He would take me to ball games and we would throw the ball around in the front yard. My dream as a kid was to become the first baseman for the Baltimore Orioles. That was his dream to, for me to one day play for the majors. If he learns that I’m alive, he’ll be disappointed in me for not making that dream come true.”

I could see the tear that ran down his face before he had a chance to wipe it away. His story brought tears to my eyes but I knew that our father wouldn’t be disappointed. He’d love him no matter what happened.

“Hey, dad won’t be disappointed. You were kidnapped. Did they allow you to play sports?” I couldn’t not ask him to tell me.

“Yeah they did. I played all the way through high school and I got a scholarship to play for college.” He looked down with a look of disappointment. “I couldn’t go through with it, knowing that our father wouldn’t be in the stands to cheer me on or even know that I was playing baseball, was killing me.”

“Listen why don’t you go change and freshen up and you can drive me home.” I put my hands over his, “If dad really thinks of you as a disappointment then you have your answer, but if he doesn’t and he accepts you then you’ll know that I was right, as I always am.”

A wry smile spread across his face and I could tell that he was trying not to cry. These past five days have been insane and if I can wrap my mind around the fact that my brother is still alive, I’m sure that my father will as well. I don’t think that he’ll be disappointed at all, I think he’ll be angrier that he didn’t get to see him play for high school or little league or be there for him to watch him grow up into the man that he is today.

“You promise?” he asked cocking his eyebrow the same way he did when we were kids.  

“I swear on my own life, which has almost been taken from me several times, so you know it’s serious.” I said with a smile across my face.

Mitch’s face hardened, “I am so sorry about that but please don’t joke about it. It makes me feel terrible that I wasn’t there for you throughout the years.”

“Hey bro, honestly I managed to stay alive didn’t I?” I said with a smile still plastered on my face.

“Yeah I guess you did although this last time I helped.” A smile spread across his face and I could tell that he was finally coming around to the idea that he will be accepted no matter what.

“Okay now go get dressed so you can go see your father.” I said throwing the kitchen towel at him.

Mitchell started laughing as he walked out of the kitchen and walked up the stairs. I still cannot believe that my brothers alive. I’ve always felt like a piece of me was missing and it was because he was not in my life anymore and now that he’s back, I feel as though I can become complete again, although while I was with Asher he made me feel complete. God, I really miss Asher.