Prologue

Okay so I was in the mood to start writing another story. I am not 100% sure where I am going with this story yet but I guess that we'll see! 

Please comment and vote! Tell your friends, I'm kind of excited to see where I end up taking this story. 

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was curled up in the corner; every inch of my body was in pain. I could tell that my arm was broken and I had a few bruised ribs, some might even be broken. Things weren’t always like this; at least I don’t believe they were.

She started to inch closer and closer to me; her eyes were burning with rage. I had no idea what I had done this time but then again usually I never did anything wrong.

“Mom, please don’t do this to me.” I begged as she inched closer.

Her hand lifted and the next thing I knew I was doubled over with a burning pain in my left cheek. I couldn’t help the tears that had started to fall down my face.

I curled up into a ball as my sobs had gotten louder. Usually I could keep myself from crying until I was in the safety of my own bedroom but this time I couldn’t help the tears that fell. She had pushed the abuse too far this time, never once had she broken any of my bones.

“M-m-mom, please I don’t understand what I did.” I choked out in between sobs.

Leaning down she grabbed me by my shirt, “Stop your bawling.” She threw me against the wall and I hit my head with a loud thud.

Just as she started walking towards me again my father opened the front door. Shock was written across his face, he had never seen my mother abuse me. When he saw my bruises he asked me what happened but I just told him I was clumsy and fell. I couldn’t help it if I had told him what my mother had done to me she would’ve hurt me even worse.

“Cynthia, what the hell do you think you’re doing?” He yelled running over and picking me up from the floor.

She looked at him, trying to come up with an excuse but she just couldn’t think of one.

Picking me up, he carried me out of the house and set me down in his truck before heading back inside to yell at my mother.

I was unaware of the fight but I knew it had been about me but I didn’t want to focus on that. There was so much pain shooting through my body and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

As I started drifting off to sleep I heard the distance sounds of sirens. I knew that they were coming for my mother and she would be locked up for good. The one thing I was glad of was that my brother wasn’t around to see all of this.